Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suit vents, single and double

dostacos

Practically Family
from what I have seen, if I get one of the custom suit shops to build me a suit I should go with NO vent,correct?

when did the single and double vent become popular?

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It depends on what you're going for. Personally, I prefer double vents, but I don't aim for an overtly vintage look.

dostacos

Practically Family
AlanC said:
It depends on what you're going for. Personally, I prefer double vents, but I don't aim for an overtly vintage look.
since I am a big guy, I must have a new suit, finding a real vintage is not an option.;) I also spend most of my time sitting in a wheelchair so a vent is probably mandatory

benstephens

Practically Family
I have a suit from 1936 that has Double vents. I have also seen an article in Tailor and Cutting mag from about 1937, that it gives ease of movement, so is ideal for country tweed/sports wear.

Most smarter town suits do not seem to be vented in the 1930s.

Ben

Jovan

Suspended
IMO, a single vent gives a sportier look, while the double vent is a bit more dressed up -- your butt is still covered when you reach into your pockets. :) No vent is perfectly fine too, and I don't get all the hate for them by the fashion magazines. But that's just it... they are only fashion mags. Just my two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21