Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits and suit pants.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Here's a larger shot of them Bags-

MD1925.5.7.jpg

B
T

Wild Root

Gone Home
Bwahahahahahha!

Oh Marc, that's funny!

You know BT, I'm so happy to see a larger shot of them! I've only seen small crapy copies of that photo! Thanks for posting that!

=WR=

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
You're most welcome Mr. Root.

An alternative to the Breeches/Plus' being contraband at Oxford, is a purely practical one: Oxford's athletics involvement and the utility of wearing the 'Bags' over athletic uniforms and being able to remove and don them easily- nice in the winter, on frosty, Oxford mornings.

Seen 'A Yank at Oxford' recently anyone..?

B
T

Chris Huff

New in Town
Yes, I emailed him and he replied that he is starting a website of his own, http://www.geocities.com/oxfordbagz/

Not much there yet, but a better one is supposedly under construction.

I'm thinking about trying a pair, if he has something I want. Hopefully there will be enough interest to grow the business so they will always be available.

CH

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, I'll tell ya something... if I saw those pants when I first started to get into vintage (1996) I'd have said the same thing. It takes time to adjust to some of the popular styles of the times. For me, being 6'3" I like having wide leg pants because, (You may laugh) it makes me feet not look so large. I wear a size 12D and I think the straight cut trousers with the wide hems are fun. They swish and sway and have a fun flow about them. What I have discovered is as I learn more about the time (1920’s-1940’s) and become more familiar with the standard styles of the periods… I tend to enjoy the not so mainstream styles of the period that most people connect to those years. You’ll see what I mean.;)

=WR=

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Oxxford bags are the best thing since sliced bread. They remind me of Japanese Hakama pants (the kind worn by Aikido practicioners).
47b6dd22b3127cce97df988c95690000001.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner