Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Straw, via Art Fawcett

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I received today my "annual" summer straw from Art Fawcett!. This hat, at my request, has a bit shorter crown and narrower brim than previous hats. Art did a wonderful job! The ribbon has a unique "Three arrow color" trim!
As usual, the workmanship is superb, the sweatband has my initials, and the fit is PERFECT, a true 7 3/8 L.O.

Art, you are my friend, but despite that character flaw, you are an artist!

DSCN1298.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1296.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Now that's a work of Art! :D

Very nice hat there, Andykev. Wear it well this summer! I know it's probably expensive for my budget, but Art Fawcett does quality work. In the future, I can definitely see myself ordering a fedora, perhaps even straw, from Vintage Silhouettes.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Looks great! So where is the collection of these "annual" straws?:D

I thought you're supposed to punch through the crown at the end of the season. :D

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Andykev said:
I received today my "annual" summer straw from Art Fawcett!.

Reminds me of a standing order with your tailor scheme. Send a monthly amount, and wonder in and pick up suits periodically.

Wonder if Art will accept $100 a month standing order, and we get 4 hats delivered a year, spring, summer, autumn, winter..?? Art...are you listening!?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Measurements are:

Thank you for the compliments on the hat, but they belong to Art.

My collection? All the others have standard black bands, and the early hats from 6 years ago...don't think anyone would want to see them. They are left overs from "Seabiscut" the movie, where Art uses some very coarse hat bodies to make hats for the extra's, except for the hat he made for the star.

The brim on this hat is 2 1/2 inches, and the crown is about 3 3/4 plus...a bit shy of 4 inches.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou