Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summertime And The Front Porch

Do you hang out on your porch in the summertime ?

• Total voters

fashion frank

One Too Many
ED0B4A60-FBB3-4108-A612-7467824A529A.jpeg
8CF17B25-2A43-4E03-874E-25CCC8B32081.jpeg
View attachment 129379 View attachment 129380 Hey Everybody I’ve been away for awhile but just checked back in today ! I was wondering how many of you hang out on your front porch in the summertime ? We love spending time on our porch ,it takes us back in time, we put on some swing jazz , a cold drink and it’s great . Just like in the old days before TV the music is playing people that walk by stop to chat and it’s fabulous because of that exact interaction that you don’t see anymore . People today are “ hiding” in their home wit the AC blasting and don’t interact with anyone and I think that’s a shame ! If you do like I do post a picture of your porch and or let us know if you enjoy it like I do !
All The Best Fashion Frank

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
View attachment 129379 View attachment 129380 Hey Everybody I’ve been away for awhile but just checked back in today ! I was wondering how many of you hang out on your front porch in the summertime ? We love spending time on our porch ,it takes us back in time, we put on some swing jazz , a cold drink and it’s great . Just like in the old days before TV the music is playing people that walk by stop to chat and it’s fabulous because of that exact interaction that you don’t see anymore . People today are “ hiding” in their home wit the AC blasting and don’t interact with anyone and I think that’s a shame ! If you do like I do post a picture of your porch and or let us know if you enjoy it like I do !
All The Best Fashion Frank
I don't have much of a front porch, but I have a great back patio that gets a lot of use in the summer.
yes that’s what I’m getting at eating al fresco and just relaxing outside when the weather is beautiful like how it is now . Thanks for the reply ! All The Best Fashion Frank

SvH

New in Town
Nice! I would love to have a front porch, but unfortunately I don't have one. Just a small balcony first floor, just big enough for two folding chairs and a small table. But, as long as the weather allows, me and my better half are at the balcony instead of inside the house. Music on the background and once in a while greeting peope passing by. The neighbourhood must think we are just strange ;)

fashion frank

One Too Many
Nice! I would love to have a front porch, but unfortunately I don't have one. Just a small balcony first floor, just big enough for two folding chairs and a small table. But, as long as the weather allows, me and my better half are at the balcony instead of inside the house. Music on the background and once in a while greeting peope passing by. The neighbourhood must think we are just strange ;)[/QUOTE

That’s what I’m talking about ! The idea of being outside enjoying the weather and interaction with peoplwho pass by! Thanks for the response. All The Best Fashion Frank

Reactions: SvH

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
^^^^^Sorry, i was out on the front porch!
Front porch..ha ha i’ve been known to holler “nice hat” to walkers by. I’ve even said “hey come here i wanna show you this hat”. Yeah, i’m that guy!! Folks are always stopping and chatting a bit on their walks. I do enjoy my front porch!!
Be well. Bowen

fashion frank

One Too Many
^^^^^Sorry, i was out on the front porch!
Front porch..ha ha i’ve been known to holler “nice hat” to walkers by. I’ve even said “hey come here i wanna show you this hat”. Yeah, i’m that guy!! Folks are always stopping and chatting a bit on their walks. I do enjoy my front porch!!
Be well. Bowen

That’s too much I pretty much do the same ! Love to chat with my neighbors as they come by !
All The Best , Fashion Frank

HadleyH1

One Too Many
We've moved to a place with no porch out front but a large patio in the back with a magnificent view. That's where we are every evening. I miss my porch swing.

I do not like or need porch out front.

But large patio/ views at the back I love!

Good on you! :)

We've moved to a place with no porch out front but a large patio in the back with a magnificent view. That's where we are every evening. I miss my porch swing.

After 120 years, the screws on one of the fixtures securing our porch swing gave way. While we were sitting on it.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I have always wanted a house with a full width, covered front porch. Never lived in a house with one, though.

I'm retiring in about a year and a half and there is very good chance we are moving west. One of the criteria for the new house (in addition to an at least two car garage) is just that type of front porch.
It was always my mother's dream to have a house with a big porch that wrapped all the way across the front of her house. I doubt she'll ever get that now. She just loves the home she's built over the last 30 years too much to move away from it. I've always loved the look myself; perhaps my mother's influence on me. I've made it my dream to own a home with a front porch, even if it's just a one room shack.

After 120 years, the screws on one of the fixtures securing our porch swing gave way. While we were sitting on it.
About as comical as when it happened to me, I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ