Summertime And The Front Porch

Discussion in 'Your Vintage Home' started by fashion frank, Aug 2, 2018.

Do you hang out on your porch in the summertime ?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

16.7%
  3. Sometimes

33.3%
  1. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 One Too Many

I do not have a front porch, like I said, but I must say this time, I like porches ....lol well that too :p car wise lol

but seriously....I live by the sea on a hill....houses here do not have porches ....but we do have a lil bit of a filtered view!:D which is verrrry nice!

fashion frank and Frunobulax like this.
  2. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Well, how about some pics of your front porch, Bowen? I am really curious. I only catch small glimpses of it from your pics, and you do seem to spend a long part of your day in it.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

3. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

B2E9ED03-2A29-42D8-B62E-A4BA1E8E0180.jpeg C29B2BEC-E797-44D8-AB64-3AEC556E6734.jpeg F7BB17F6-F68B-4525-8343-3ABF5F56342A.jpeg FD04FCD4-A52D-4DA6-9491-45EC84276285.jpeg 372274A4-8389-4E2B-A36F-CCA49CE5AFE4.jpeg DB6E799B-12D8-4156-BD68-ED2539017C51.jpeg
    Ha ha..Max my porch is nothing special. It’s old and messy with potting stuff sitting around. I had plants everywhere for years but have given most away.
    The only thing special about it is when my dogs on it.
    Here’s the panorama from my throne.
    B

4. Zachary

Zachary One of the Regulars

I lived at my parents‘ house at the countryside from age 7 thru 20 (now I’m 28 yrs old). In the garden, there’s a formerly fully functional motor home standing, which, however, is far beyond its zenith. Flat tires, rain damage inside, some makeshift windows. Right next to it there’s a flat concrete surface that once served as a base for a gasoline tank. This summer, we threw a big garden party, and the caravan and concrete surface came in handy. We attached a tent roof to the caravan, and, Voilá! we had plenty of shadow. I played the role of DJ (to use a completely anti-vintage phraseology), and guess the style I played. Vintage, of course. Modern titles just came out of my MacBook according to my request programme. And if someone requests Katy Perry, I have no option but to comply, for peace’s sake.

The party began around noon, and the only thing I regret is that I didn’t dress vintage. For the sake of our guests’ happiness, I wore Opposuits’ Flaminguy suit (very funny). My plan was to change to a tuxedo with ivory jacket at 6 p. m., but Alas! I didn’t take the fact into account that every single one of our guests came with little children, so the last guests left at 4 p. m.

However, the faces of the people when I did some magic tricks with them outweighed everything.

So that’s the story of what can be rather most be called our “front porch.”