Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SunBody thin ribbon straw

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Yes they are a heavier type straw than a panama. BUT I do not notice that in the summer. My westerns have more brim than this one so that makes this one a little less heavy.
This one is the regular... [the cheapest one they have] the workmanship is fantastic from what I can tell.
I just did not like the 3 inch brim and they said they could trim it to 2 3\4 but would have to bind it. Well a bound brim was right up my alley so I went for it. I dont think come summer I will regret it one bit!

I ordered one of these today. I ordered the fine palm teardrop with a 3 inch brim but with a four or five strand horsehair band rather than the leather band. I talked to Jimmy who offered to try to get me a horsehair band without tassels.

We have a trip planned to a more tropical climate at the end of January, and, at RBH's recommendation, I thought this might be the ticket to take along to sweat in.

RBH

Bartender
BobC said:
I ordered one of these today. I ordered the fine palm teardrop with a 3 inch brim but with a four or five strand horsehair band rather than the leather band. I talked to Jimmy who offered to try to get me a horsehair band without tassels.

We have a trip planned to a more tropical climate at the end of January, and, at RBH's recommendation, I thought this might be the ticket to take along to sweat in.
Dont think you will regret it Bob.
I told Jimmy that I had posted it here, and that he might get a few orders!

Cant wait for summer to wear mine!

BobC

RBH said:
Dont think you will regret it Bob.
I told Jimmy that I had posted it here, and that he might get a few orders!

Cant wait for summer to wear mine!

Jimmy asked me how I heard of him and his hats, and I dropped your name and told him I read about them here. He said he had looked us up and read our posts too. He was appreciative of your nice comments.

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:
Hang your Thin Ribbon hide! Now you've got me looking at the 3" Guat fine open crown with the bound edge & matching narrow band. I really like the looks of the Tear Drop fedora they show & would want it w/o the leather band but with bound edge & ribbon like yours. That is close to what I paid for the Campdraft!... Hello, my name is GT & I'm a hat-aholic.... gtd
Welcome to the thin ribbon club!!!!!

BobC

BobC said:
Jimmy asked me how I heard of him and his hats, and I dropped your name and told him I read about them here. He said he had looked us up and read our posts too. He was appreciative of your nice comments.

I got a discount too. He sold me the hat with a four or five strand horsehair band for the same price as the one shown with a three strand band. Just tell 'em RBH sent ya. lol lol

RBH

Bartender
The last I talked to Jimmy he told me they were getting in some 'straw bodies' that were going to have a 2 1\2 inch brim. Perfect for a fedora!!!!
While I like at least a 2 3\4, the 2 1\2 will fit the bill for a lot of folks!
Plus they are just great summer hats!!! :eusa_clap

jpbales

Practically Family
wow

I've never seen a sunbody hat, but they look pretty great! nobody mentioned how cheap they are, especially compared to panamas. it seems like a better deal if not only it's a beautiful straw hat, but also can take a beating and some rain and be re-bashed and is a fraction of the price. I'm thinking about getting one for this summer.

RBH

Bartender
jpbales said:
I've never seen a sunbody hat, but they look pretty great! nobody mentioned how cheap they are, especially compared to panamas. it seems like a better deal if not only it's a beautiful straw hat, but also can take a beating and some rain and be re-bashed and is a fraction of the price. I'm thinking about getting one for this summer.
If you do please keep us informed as to the type and style you get!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot