Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Super Drill Cotton Sateen

FredS

One of the Regulars
Super Drill Cotton Sateen: Hi gentlemen, I reside in South Africa and am about to have my leather jacket re-lined and so I was searching for a Cotton Drill fabric for the lining. Eventually I came across a fabric manufacturing company here in South Africa that produces all manner of fabrics all sourced from local sources. I wasn't aware that Cotton Drill can also be woven as a Sateen (Satin Weave) I thought it was only Cotton Twill that was available in Sateen. I haven't come across any other Cotton Drill Sateen anywhere in the world during my google searches for it, only Cotton Twill Sateen. Is anyone else aware of any other manufacturers of Cotton Drill Sateen? Anyways I would like to hear some feedback regarding your thoughts about using this Super Cotton Drill Sateen for my leather jacket (will be using it for the sleeves and body shell) Below I have posted the specs for this material. The company Da Gama Fabrics publishes extensive specification details for each of their workwear fabrics which is very interesting.

Attachments

• 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 19.08.27 copy.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 19.08.27 copy.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

FredS

One of the Regulars
Super Drill Cotton Sateen: Hi gentlemen, I reside in South Africa and am about to have my leather jacket re-lined and so I was searching for a Cotton Drill fabric for the lining. Eventually I came across a fabric manufacturing company here in South Africa that produces all manner of fabrics all sourced from local sources. I wasn't aware that Cotton Drill can also be woven as a Sateen (Satin Weave) I thought it was only Cotton Twill that was available in Sateen. I haven't come across any other Cotton Drill Sateen anywhere in the world during my google searches for it, only Cotton Twill Sateen. Is anyone else aware of any other manufacturers of Cotton Drill Sateen? Anyways I would like to hear some feedback regarding your thoughts about using this Super Cotton Drill Sateen for my leather jacket (will be using it for the sleeves and body shell) Below I have posted the specs for this material. The company Da Gama Fabrics publishes extensive specification details for each of their workwear fabrics which is very interesting.
The material arrived. Beautiful. Jacket now at the leather shop to have the lining fitted.

Attachments

• 864dacb6-0eec-4684-8db3-efaf019edd7d.jpg
    864dacb6-0eec-4684-8db3-efaf019edd7d.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael