Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suspenders

dostacos

Practically Family
do all ya'all use suspenders on all your dress pants?

If so, because you like the look or the fit?

As a morbidly under tall man I find the ability to have the pants loose at the waist and not cinched down with a belt very comfortable. I also spend my time seated so it is more comfortable.

having said that, I also prefer the look and always have added suspender buttons;)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I too like suspenders but I am rather skinny and if the trousers I am wearing with suspenders isn't somewhat tight around the hips/waist it is uncomfortable and my shirt slowly becomes untucked. However, my trousers are usually tight enough to prevent this but not always.

I do like the tightness a belt provides but don't wear both at the same time because, as the old saying goes, "you can't trust a man who doesn't trust his own pants".

RetroRich

New in Town
I always have my trousers tailored with a fishtail back to the waist,therefore necessitating the use of braces(suspenders)..they just hang so much better with the use of them.
I keep my bridle leather belts for my denim!

Feraud

Bartender
Tony in Tarzana said:
If you get TCM, watch their schedule to see when they'll play "Ace in the Hole" again. Kirk Douglas stars, and he wears belt and suspenders throughout the movie, as do several other cast members. Quite an interesting movie as well, still valid and perhaps moreso today than in 1951.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043338/
Good point Tony.
Do you think this was a regional style?

Qwkslvr

One of the Regulars
Braces

I tried the clip ons with my jeans a few years back because I like suspenders so much. I gave up wearing them with jeans because I found the clips just aren't very secure and come undone a lot. I'm toying with the idea of having buttons sewn into my jeans so I can sport a proper pair of braces with them.
I wonder if they make jeans with suspender buttons standard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy