Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweetest guy ever = me?

panamag8or

Practically Family
So, last night, I drop into my favorite watering hole, and the cutest bartender in the history of the world is working. She is seeing this uber-metro guy, and I always give her a hard time about him being less than masculine and such. I told her that if he screwed up valentine's day, I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, he did. He didn't even get her a card.

When she told me that, instead of saying "I told you so", I had an idea

I hopped in the car, and found a Kinko's close by. I jumped on a computer there and found an image of an old children's valentine from the 40's and printed it out.

I went back to the bar and handed it to her, telling her "every girl deserves a valentine". She cried a little, and I could tell it made her night.
I had a few girls I know come up and tell me it was the sweetest thing ever.

Now, before anyone questions my fidelity to Mrs. Panamag8or, she is about my daughter's age, and the thought of being with her is way creepy. I could tell she was bummed, and I was just being sweet.:D

D

Deleted member 3716

my boyfriend didn't even get me a card.

i'm a bit annoyed.

panamag8or

Practically Family
paula said:
my boyfriend didn't even get me a card.

i'm a bit annoyed.

What is it with guys that do that? Valentine's day is the biggest "girl holiday" of the year. If a guy wants his life to be easier, he doesn't forget that.[huh]

Well, let me wish you a happy belated valentine's day. Here is the card I printed out... now, I give it to you:

vintage_valentine_P1024404.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I agree, dump him. I got my GF a card, roses, and since she was home in bed with a miserable cold, instead of candy I got her a bag of Ricolas (with a big pink curly ribbon attached)!
It's not such a hard thing to do, but doing it shows you care, and NOT doing it clearly shows you don't.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, you could teach mine a thing or two. He went to band practice instead of spending the evening with me. Didn't get me anything, even though we were in a huge fight 2 days earlier.

Smuterella

One Too Many
my girlfriend cycled round in the middle of the night to make sure I had a valentine card and gift when I woke up, they were sat on the doorstep for me to find as I left for work.

Retro Rob

Familiar Face
My wife got a Pajamagram, romantic dinner, diamond heart pendant, and a set of pearls with earrings

Being a photographer this vintage Valentine was perfect, but then again so is my wife.:)
ee96_1.jpg

D

Deleted member 3716

i just typed a big long rant about my boyfriend, then counted to 10 and deleted it.
i probably shouldn't be airing my grievances on the internet.

as the mighty beyonce once said:
"i'm not gonna diss you on the internet
cos my mama taught me better than that"
:D

CharlesB

Suspended
my gf got an $80 purse and a bunch of tea packages.

she was happy. I still can not fathom how a man can do nothing for his gf/wife on valentines day, what an inconsiderate jackass

Story

I'll Lock Up
paula said:
i just typed a big long rant about my boyfriend, then counted to 10 and deleted it.
i probably shouldn't be airing my grievances on the internet.

as the mighty beyonce once said:
"i'm not gonna diss you on the internet
cos my mama taught me better than that"
:D

I think Madonna's line (from her movie) is applicable:

NEXT!

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
What many guys do not understand is that the little things matter more than the big things. A simple card is all that it takes. You can't always do more than that, but everyone can do a card.

CharlesB

Suspended
nobodyspecial said:
What many guys do not understand is that the little things matter more than the big things. A simple card is all that it takes. You can't always do more than that, but everyone can do a card.
she got a stomach virus Vday night actually. Most of our special alone time was spent with me on the couch holding a bucket for her to spew in and making sure she didnt get any in her hair...I was pretty sick too so at least we were ill together

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great bartender story. Great vomit story too.

I was studying frantically, at home all day, and wasn't going to spend $30 for roses. I picked wildflowers from our hill, put them in water, and made a valentine out of red construction paper, written on in ink from a dip-pen. In handwriting, which I never normally use but which the nuns beat into us until it was perfect. Mrs Doran loved them.

CharlesB

Suspended
Doran said:
Great bartender story. Great vomit story too.

I was studying frantically, at home all day, and wasn't going to spend $30 for roses. I picked wildflowers from our hill, put them in water, and made a valentine out of red construction paper, written on in ink from a dip-pen. In handwriting, which I never normally use but which the nuns beat into us until it was perfect. Mrs Doran loved them.
The computer has ensured that I've actually forgotten how to spell anything in cursive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran