Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweetheart jewelry??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
If others have pieces of vintage sweetheart jewelry, please post it here. Any provenance you might have about the please, do share it with us.

This sterling WWII sweetheart bracelet has five hearts each with US Army insignia. It came in its original box with the date December 1943 marked on it, and "To Charlotte from Bud". I'll get a pic or two of the marked box and post that soon.

The story from the owner that the seller related was that this bracelet was given to Charlotte by Bud, but Bud never came back from the war. She married another man, but she kept the bracelet as a keepsake from Bud all these years.

I picked this up because my husband Chuck has a authentic WWII Army Air Corp Captain's uniform, and my vintage style/look is that of a 40s wife on the home front. We recently joined a group called BAWMHRS (Bay Area Womens' and Mens' Historical Representation Society). He and our almost 13yo son (he has an authentic WWII US Navy shirt and vintage pants) participated with other uniformed BAWMHRS today in a Memorial Day Ceremony at the Presidio in San Francisco. A perfect event for wearing this bracelet.

365333378.jpg

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
I've got a bracelet with each linking piece being a location where the solider fought Africa-Sicily-Messina-Caserta-Rome-and the biggest part is Naples, and its got hearts, and Never Forget Me on it. Each piece has a small picture pressed into it with a symbol of that place like Afrika has a camel.
268316884_o.jpg

I'm currently looking for a Signal Corps locket, since I represent a signal corpsman in the 185th Infantry Regt of the 40th "California" Division.

:eek:fftopic:

CC - If you are ever down on So-Cal way, we would be overjoyed to have you and your family come, we have guys in uniform there all the time, most of us are reenactors anyway I think you'd like it a lot!

Best, Dylan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran