Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swing Street

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Anyone have Sirius or a satellite dish? Our dish network now has several Sirius stations. Buried in the adult modern rock, adult easy listening rock, classic modern adult alternative rock was a blast from the past that is worth listening to. Swing Street plays what the name implies. Better yet, no commercials! All the classic swing bands are there. :drum: :clap :drum:

Definitely livens up the house on a cold winter night.

Just thought I would share.

Tom

SappySwami

Familiar Face
My parents have a dish, and one of the first thing I did was check the music listings, and they have both a Big Band Station from Dish Network, and Sirius' Swing Street. They are both great, though Swing Street sticks to the older stuff which I like more.

ginobarracuda

Familiar Face
I think it's rather sad the lack of big band/jazz stations on the radio dial these days...

Here in the Los Angeles area, we only have KLAC 690AM and KJZZ 88.1FM
sometimes KTWV 94.7 plays a few good ones in between the snooze jazz,
uh.. I mean 'smooth' jazz.

Fortunately, at work I have WinAmp loaded on my PC and listen mostly to KCEA
which I have -no idea- where they're loaded, and a few other online stations..

SappySwami

Familiar Face
You mean this KCEA? I have been trying to pick them up for years, but I'm too far north, and we have a Spanish speaking station on that frequency. How do you listen to it with WinAmp?

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
The Denver area has the worst selection of radio stations. Clear Channel has pretty much taken over. The only options are public radio stations and some small college stations. Living in the mountains limits the selection even further.

I expect to see internet radio explode in the next couple of years.

Tom

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
I hate how the big money has ruined music and our choices of music. Swing Street is good but it is still just a small part of the bigger picture. We need to pass on the fire. Get the word out just how hip swing really is. As a musician I try to do my part. The music industry is like an assembly line making the same top 40 over and over. Our music is a threat to big money because it opens the mind to alternative choices. SWEET!!! :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21