Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sz 3XLT 54? G-1 Taylor's Leatherwear for the BIG MAN (too big for me!) in UK

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Here we have as genuine as it gets a G-1 USN flight jacket in 3XLT made by “Taylor's Leatherwear” with a Thinsulate lining for the big flyboys.

As far as G-1's on the market go this is mil-spec except maybe for the cut which is generous, but with one-piece back top panel in the “action back”. The rubber of the action back is intact and working. The leather is thin dark brown goatskin with two buttoned flap pockets on the chest (right one with a pen insert), the narrow 3in collar is brown mouton (genuine as far as I can tell, but haven't tried burning it), and theres an USN perforation on the windflap (its there even the pictures are a bit fuzzy). The lining is brown satin, and theres a vertical chest pocket. The knits detail is correct weave pattern. Theres a bit of piling, but no scratches or much if any signs of use – the jacket has been stored for a while folded up, so a good lubing with lanoline and airing out would do it good.

A friend bought this off “Taylor's Leatherwear” factory sale as an “end-of line” for me, but got the size a bit wrong. It is thin but warm, and this is one of the few jackets I am selling as its too big for me (miracles happen). It would have been just right in Finland with a couple of jumpers underneath, but in tropical Britain its just too flappy with a t-shirt, and did I say it was hot – the thinsulate works miracles. The size is “true” to American sizing so no little boys, this fits a 54-56 suit size lad easy. The arms are long as well, even you wear them a bit puffy with the wool cuffs. I have two A2's so this one has to go...

Oh and yes, I'm in the habit of removing all labels as I am itchy and the plastics and hard thread on labels does havoc with my other clothes, after a snagged and darn expensive angora jumper theres been no jacket labels.

Measurements:
1. Chest from under arms 32 in (yes its big!)
2. Waist – 24-25 in, stretched comes to 27 in
3. Jacket length from bottom of collar 27 ½ in + wool cuff 3 ½ in
4. Back top seam between shoulders – tricky with the action back – 27 in.
5. Underarm sleeve length from armpit 20in + 3 ½ wool cuff
6. Overarm sleeve length from shoulder epaulette 25 ½ in + 3 ½ in wool cuff

Please check the measurements and refer to the pictures. The description is as good as I can provide.
DSCF6220.jpg DSCF6222.jpg
DSCF6223.jpg DSCF6224.jpg DSCF6225.jpg DSCF6226.jpg DSCF6227.jpg
DSCF6208.jpg DSCF6209.jpg DSCF6210.jpg DSCF6211.jpg DSCF6212.jpg DSCF6213.jpg DSCF6214.jpg DSCF6215.jpg DSCF6216.jpg DSCF6217.jpg DSCF6218.jpg DSCF6219.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24