Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T-shirt or A-shirt

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
OK... You guys started it with the boxer or brief thread!!!:eusa_doh:

Now personally I have always had to wear a T-shirt with uniforms and such. But with dress shirts I really kind of hate the mid-arm shadow from a T-shirt...

I've been starting to lean toward A-shirts... Plus weren't they popular and kinda new during the golden era???

Jovan

Suspended
T-shirt. My finding with the A-shirt is that it hardly serves a function beyond absorbing sweat from one's chest... where I hardly ever perspire. Also, seeing the outline of one of those looks far worse to me than seeing an outline of the sleeves mid-arm. Just my opinion!

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I think you're right!

Yeah... I really kinda hate that A-shirt neckline shadow thing...should be a happy medium like with the boxer/briefs....

Jovan

Suspended
Try muscle tees -- they're basically T-shirts without the sleeves. :)

I still recommend short sleeves to absorb underarm sweat though, which is naturally where anyone perspires the most. In winter, the thermals come out for me when it drops below 40. Don't underestimate the lightweight white shirt! You can see the waffle weave straight through thin broadcloth. Best to bring out the heavy oxfords or any other heavier shirtings for winter, anyways.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
One word...

Singlets. A standard part of mens undergarments for a very long time and rightly so.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Jovan said:
T-shirt. My finding with the A-shirt is that it hardly serves a function beyond absorbing sweat from one's chest... where I hardly ever perspire. Also, seeing the outline of one of those looks far worse to me than seeing an outline of the sleeves mid-arm. Just my opinion!
T-Shirt.
I totally agree with Jovan. :eusa_clap

I prefer cotton-blend T's, rather than 100% cotton. A blend is more comfortable and holds it's shape better, especially at the neckline. I like the Jerzee brand, but lately, I've been having a difficult time finding any T's that are not 100% cotton. In fact I'd equate finding a pacakge of cotton-blend T's to finding a needle in a haystack!

Rider

Familiar Face
T-shirts for me too. I prefer a v-neck under dress shirts and a crew neck under casual clothes.

Jovan

Suspended
Prairie Dog said:
T-Shirt.
I totally agree with Jovan. :eusa_clap

I prefer cotton-blend T's, rather than 100% cotton. A blend is more comfortable and holds it's shape better, especially at the neckline. I like the Jerzee brand, but lately, I've been having a difficult time finding any T's that are not 100% cotton. In fact I'd equate finding a pacakge of cotton-blend T's to finding a needle in a haystack!
I prefer 100% cotton myself, but I can where moisture wicking fabrics would be useful. You may not be able to find white, but a good place for plain colour tees in 50/50 cotton/poly would be your local military surplus store. They're long enough to stay tucked in, too. Grey or black should look fine with a white shirt. They also have a lot of new 100% poly ones that feel soft as brushed cotton and are meant to be worn with the new ACU camo. They're a light tan colour, which probably looks fine under white as well. Hope this helps.

EvenOdd

New in Town
I solely wear T-shirts as underwear. I seem to wear crew neck with my shirt open or buttoned. I wear a v-neck when I'm wearing a crew neck sweater so there's not another ring of color peaking out around the neck.

Edward

Bartender
Wore an A when much younger, progressed over time to just wearing my regular t shirts under shirts in the winter. Recently been planning to go back to wearing dedicated undershirts.... I'll probably go for some of each.

Always liked the look of an A at home when stripped back and worn with the trousers / braces.... like Gomez Addams in the first Addams Family film, when they're living at the motel and he's at home all day.... even his dishevilled, despiaring look is very classy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk