Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tales of the Gold Monkey

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
I bought the complete series at Best Buy two days ago and I can't stop watching it. I used to watch it as a kid when it was on TV and thought it was great then. I never go to Best Buy, but I was looking for some software that I thought they might carry, but they didn't and the DVD just happend to catch my eye as I was walking past it.

I am a huge fan of Magnum P.I. and Quantum Leap and I noticed that Donald P. Bellisario was one of the producers for this series as well. If I ever meet Don, I think him and I would get along great.

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
Some great escapist television

Another fan of the Gold Monkey and Magnum here. I have only seen a few episodes of the Gold Monkey but really enjoyed them. Now I know where to look for the series. Another favorite of mine is "Adventures in Paradise" which stared Gardner Mckay as Capt. Adam Troy. Set in and around Tahiti about a WW2 US ex-pat who moves cargo, beautiful women and shady men around the south pacific on his schooner the Tiki III and finds mayhem and adventure along the way. It Ran from 59 -63. I purchased the complete series on DVD on eBay for a very reasonable price. Overlook the misguided croc and shark story lines and the series offers a great time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy