Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TCM schedule

Feraud

Bartender
There are good films coming up on the channel.

Lost Weekend, The (1945)
A writer fights to overcome his addiction to liquor. Cast: Ray Milland, Jane Wyman, Howard Da Silva. Dir: Billy Wilder. BW-101 mins, TV-PG,

On The Waterfront (1954)
A young stevedore takes on the mobster who rules the docks. Cast: Marlon Brando, Eva Marie Saint, Rod Steiger. Dir: Elia Kazan. BW-108 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

Bridge On The River Kwai, The (1957)
The Japanese Army forces World War II POWs to build a strategic bridge in Burma. Cast: William Holden, Alec Guinness, Sessue Hayakawa. Dir: David Lean. C-161 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

Strange Love Of Martha Ivers, The (1946)
Years after a murder drove them apart, an heiress tries to win back her lost love. Cast: Barbara Stanwyck, Van Heflin, Kirk Douglas. Dir: Lewis Milestone. BW-116 mins, TV-PG

Naked City (1948)
A step-by-step look at a murder investigation on the streets of New York. Cast: Barry Fitzgerald, Howard Duff, Dorothy Hart. Dir: Jules Dassin. BW-96 mins, TV-14

Mystery Street (1950)
Criminal pathologists try to crack a case with nothing but the victim's bones to go on. Cast: Ricardo Montalban, Sally Forrest, Elsa Lanchester. Dir: John Sturges. BW-93 mins, TV-PG, CC

Bad and the Beautiful, The (1952)
An unscrupulous movie producer uses everyone around him in his climb to the top. Cast: Kirk Douglas, Lana Turner, Dick Powell. Dir: Vincente Minnelli. BW-118 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

See the TCM site for date and time listings.

Shearer

Practically Family
I can't help but notice you left off The Greatest Show on Earth (on tonight), which I bravely fessed up to liking on some other thread. :D That movie and Naked Prey leave me feeling seriously disturbed about Cornel Wilde.

Feraud

Bartender
The exclusion was not intentional but I am glad to see someone is watching.
The Naked Prey was distubing? How so? I assume everyone enjoys seeing grown half naked men running for their lives.

Shearer

Practically Family
I think after seeing Wilde in turquoise sequined tights, that loincloth just gave me the killing blow. Talk about kicking a gal when she's down! I was rather relieved to see him fully dressed and hatted in The Big Combo ;)

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Feraud said:
There are good films coming up on the channel.
I was about to post almost the identical message & list!, thanks for sharing that info with us Feraud :eusa_clap

I would add this one, an apparently not-very-well-known movie , but the synopsis reads like the best I've seen in some time on TCM for post-WWII-suspense :

Eastern Standard date/time:

02-27-2007
----------
6:15am - 8:15am: Watch On The Rhine (1943) Sara and Kurt Muller and their three children are returning to her mother's home in Washington DC after 18 years in Europe. A Romanian Count living there discovers Kurt's attache case full of money. He also finds out from friends at the German Embassy that Kurt is working with an anti-Nazi underground group in Germany... Cast: Bette Davis, Paul Lukas, Lucile Watson. Dir: Herman Shumlin. BW-114 mins

Dashiell Hammett is in the writing credits on IMDB, another plus.

One friend who had seen this told me, if you like the following movies which I do, you'd like this one:
(Ingrid Bergman: Notorious; Bogey & Bacall: To Have and Have Not; Orson Welles: The Stranger - which incidentally is also coming on)

Unavailable on DVD...

- C H

Feraud

Bartender
Today at 5:30 PM.
Forget the recent Capote impersonations, see this one instead.
In Cold Blood (1967)
Two vagrants try to outrun the police after committing a savage crime in this real-life shocker. Cast: Robert Blake, Scott Wilson, John Forsythe. Dir: Richard Brooks. BW-134 mins, TV-MA, Letterbox Format

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland