Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teenage Photos of YOU - If You Dare!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I got the derby new, in an old-school clothing store in downtown Yonkers, NY that was closing - the entire downtown shopping neighborhood was eventually destroyed by the coming of malls and shopping strips to lower Westchester - and was letting stuff go really cheap. It cost under $5!

I got the homburg (hardly used, like new) in a little thrift shop run by Lawrence Hosptial in Bronxville, NY. Being a very ritzy/wealthy community, there was always loads of formal stuff in small sizes there. Besides the homburg, I ended up getting a tux, collapsible top hat, and tails there during subsequent visits. (As I was doing a magic act at the time, these all came in handy!) I just recently found my old tailcoat when cleaning out my late parents' house last year: it was still in great shape, and I gave it to a petite female friend who plans to have it tailored to fit... and wear it at her retirement party!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I got the homburg (hardly used, like new) in a little thrift shop run by Lawrence Hosptial in Bronxville, NY. Being a very ritzy/wealthy community, there was always loads of formal stuff in small sizes there.

Note to neophyte U.S. thrift shoppers: the best stuff is almost always to be found at hospital-run thrift stores near wealthy neighborhoods. Rich people, especially 'old money', tend to donate their things to hospital thrifts. I've found this to be the case again and again.

Last edited:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
IMG_1621.jpg

Goodness Gracious! Rue, you'd make a feist dog break a logging chain!

AF

Miss sofia

One Too Many
My mother pretty much destroyed all my teenage photographs, as i was a bit of a tearaway and general embarassment all round, i.e a successful teenager i think! I was into the rockabilly scene for a bit, then a bit goth, (shaved head and ripped wedding dress, eek), then got into the rave scene, lots of dayglo and a shaved head, eeek. Even if any photos did survive i wouldn't inflict them on you nice people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24