Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texas Fires

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
As long as our drought continues - which so far, they're predicting into next year - things won't improve much. I just read a news article that the Texas Department of Agriculture has declared this the "most severe one-year drought on record." We also had the hottest summer on record in the US. I pray for rain... but honestly don't expect it any time soon.

Talbot

One Too Many
Fingers crossed for you all. We have an annual bushfire season down here and are still rebuilding after a particularly bad year in 2010.

Make sure you have an evacuation plan and stick to it!

Renault

One Too Many
We had a bit of a scare last night. About 8-ish, an old china berry tree across the road from us decided to fall on the power lines. Big BOOM! Lot's of sparks but no fire as they all fell on the pavement of he county road.. Just glad we were at home to catch it in time,else the tree might have gone up. VFD and power company were on the spot! We had power back by 10!

Renault

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Bravo!
Yeah, talk about a close one.
My wife talked to some of her family today.
The part in Crockett is safe thankfully.
Still on the edge of their seat though, as are most Texans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic