Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texas Hatters: Any Feedback?

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have any experience with Texas Hatters? I have been contemplating ordering a custom hat from them for some time. My immediate need is for repairs to my Resistol OR clone - new sweat band. TH quoted me $20 for a new leather sweat band installed. I have no idea what the going rate is but that seems very reasonable to me. I'll have to ship the hat so the total cost will be doubled. That being the case, does anyone know someone in the Seattle area who can effect the repair?

I should add that I have been very impressed by TH so far in that they have responded to my emails almost immediately, in my experience, rare thing among brick and mortar businesses that also market on line.

frussell

One Too Many
Used to be great

I did some business with them in the 80s, I seem to remember a Manny Gammage? They used to be the best in the Austin area. I still have one of their old black hats I got when I was in a service fraternity at UT called the Texas Cowboys. I had it cut down to a fedora later, because the crown was too low to do much with. It's still in pretty good shape. I can also recommend The Hat Store in Houston, used to live right down the street from them. Good folks, used to be part of American Hat Co., if I remember. Frank

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Orvil, if you are in the Seattle area try Alex Conley or here on the Lounge TonyB might be able to help. They are right there and you won't have to ship. I don't have his info handy but if you use the search here I'm sure you will find a link to Alex's website and TonyB you just have to PM.
As for TH, when Manny was still with us they had a sterling reputation but I'm afraid I don't have anything to offer about the new hatters.

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
Thanks Art. I'm new in town (Here in Seattle) and only staying here for a few months and didn't know about them being close by. I'll definitely check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran