Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TFL Leather Jackets Youtube Channel

7amza

Familiar Face
Hi All,

First of all, this is my very first thread, still being a TFL newbie and so I hope I am not speaking out of turn, posting this in the wrong section or duplicating an existing thread. (couldn't find any dedicated threat to the topic when searching through TFL)

As a neophyte aficionado of the world of leathers and leather jackets, I have very much enjoyed coming across the TFL and learning more about different jackets, makers, leathers and most of all seeing the different owners share some of their jackets and fits on here, as I am sure many other members have as well.

I would like to suggest taking this passion of ours a step further, and potentially getting the TFL admin(s) or maybe an ambitious member(s) to spearhead the creation of a common youtube channel where jackets/materials/fits/reviews can be shared by various members and uploaded for others looking for guidance on a prospective purchase or just to quench their thirst and enjoy their passion of leather jackets.

I believe videos can be even more helpful and enjoyable than pictures when it comes to discussing jackets based on those I have seen on youtube from fellow TLF members with their own channels to review their own collections. A common youtube channel where various members can all send their video reviews or discussions to an admin to upload will help pool all of our collections together and help share this passion with each other in a very special way.

I am not a Youtuber/influencer nor will I pretend I can spearhead such a project, however I just wanted to share the thought with everyone and see what the general disposition towards this would be!

Thanks for reading,

Hamza

7amza

Familiar Face
I’ve thought about doing this. Kind of in the same way Terry has, exploring and featuring jackets that pass through my door. My problem is I hate my voice.

It’s not David Beckham pinched nut weird but I do sound like a muppet that ate gravel.
That's fair haha - I think most of us have that problem when we hear ourselves to be honest :)

However, my suggestion was also to have people send the main YT channel admin videos to upload - that way it would be all our voices!

There'd be nowhere for any of us to hide :)))

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve thought about doing this. Kind of in the same way Terry has, exploring and featuring jackets that pass through my door. My problem is I hate my voice.

It’s not David Beckham pinched nut weird but I do sound like a muppet that ate gravel.
Is it like Kermit the Frog meets Tom Waits? if so then I think we’ve got something here!

01flhr

One of the Regulars
terry, i just subscribed to your channel, looks good. id definately subscribe to a tfl channel and watch the reviews. at this point i cant stand looking up jacket reviews on youtube because they always seem to go weird. look up langlitz and you get a ton of bluf videos in addition to the langlitz channel. id appreciate not having a channel be like that. im not trying to knock anyone, just not my thing. i have a few motorcycle vlogs i enjoy watching and i really like the rose anvil channel on footwear. i also dont think anyone would want to listen to my gravely pittsburgh accent discussing anything, although ive been told i sound like some former sunday night football telecaster, which i do agree with. ive got my radio voice and my talking in person voice. radio check one niner.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I subscribe to Terry’s channel, I like his no nonsense earthy style.
I also appreciate Himel Bros videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ