Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That one thing that you need to feel like yourself

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I'm gonna add a timepiece to my short list. I absolutely need to have a watch with me.

Which reminds me, I got my 1880s Elgin back from Paul's Clock & Watch Repair. They did a beautiful job. I cant stop looking at and handling the watch.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You here in Phoenix we have a famous philosopher that lives high up on the Camelback.
His name is Vincent Fournier and he's a preachers son - so he must know.

Here's what Vince once said about it:

I NEED A HOUSEBOAT
AND I NEED A PLANE,
I NEED A BUTLER AND A TRIP TO SPAIN
I NEED EVERYTHING THIS WORLD OWES ME
I TELL THAT TO MYSELF AND I AGREE

-'Caught In A Dream' 1971

-Dixon 'Alice Cooper' Cannon

Jack R.

New in Town
I need my knife, wallet, keys, handkerchief, watch, and pen. I also usually wear a coat, even in the summer heat, and of course my fedora.

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
Funny that this came up. I have four items that I need to have with me, or I feel wierd, almost to the point of being naked in public. Wallet, keys, watch, and belt. I somehow made it out the door this weekend without a belt on and I just felt wrong all day long. :eek:

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Oh, I forgot...my rings. I feel naked without them. It's terrible. If they're not there I keep running my fingers over where they should be. Drives me crazy!

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
I don't have a fancy pen but I am finniky about what I write with, I have to have an extra fine vision-exact uniball or a .07 pilot, I cannot stand writing with standard ballpoint pens.

Also my wallet and a pack of gum.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
While this is hardly public, I do not feel right if I don't have, in every room of my apartment or house (with the exception of the bathroom), a wall calendar, a box of kleenex, a pen or pencil and something blank to write on. Oh, yes, and a clock on the wall.

karol

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
bobalooba said:
I don't have a fancy pen but I am finniky about what I write with, I have to have an extra fine vision-exact uniball or a .07 pilot, I cannot stand writing with standard ballpoint pens.

Also my wallet and a pack of gum.

I have to buy a specific type of pen and it freaks me out if I lose them all. They're fine-tipped. I got into that habit after my Grandma gave me a fine-tipped pen as a present. Now I have a million of them!

lindylady

A-List Customer
My wedding band and engagement ring, my cell phone, and combo of multivitamin and Dan Active probiotic drink (i'm terrified of getting sick, lol)

Edward

Bartender
What do I need to feel like me? My anti-depressants are pretty high up that list. lol I feel naked without a hat on - I can only think of two occasions in the past three years or so when I have left the house without one. My mobile is pretty important too, as it is the only phnoe I use most of the time, and has all my numbers in it. Was it not still the most cost-effective way for me to be online, I wouldn't have a landline at all. I never use it otherwise.

Oh... I do feel naked without a wristwatch, except when in tails.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Edward, for an extra 20 or so a month you can get internet on most phones...just invest in a fancy one with a keyboard and your all set

Edward

Bartender
Caity Lynn said:
Edward, for an extra 20 or so a month you can get internet on most phones...just invest in a fancy one with a keyboard and your all set

Yeah, they have all sorts of mobile broadband services over here, but for all the extra I pay for my home wireless-hub network as a bolt-on to my existing mobile phone package, none of them are remotely cost-effective. I'm sure that will eventually change, though. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot