Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That one thing that you need to feel like yourself

Edward

Bartender
Spearmint said:
Dear, try being that girl who goes to school barefoot in that weather. I only wear shoes when the dress code requires, or if I have a sore on my foot making it so I have to be in at least flips.

I cannot leave the house without some form of sweater, even if it is 95degrees. I always get cold at some point in the day, everyone swears I'm cold blooded. A cup of strong tea, a book, and a tube of lipbalm. If I forget one of those my day is pretty much ruined.

It's all that wandering around on cold floors with no footwear on, that's why you get cold! ;)

Spearmint

New in Town
Actually when I wear shoes, I get colder than when I do when I have nothing on my feet. Also It's not really my whole body that gets cold, just my arms, I can wear shorts for gym no problem but I have to wear a long sleeve shirt to keep my arms from having huge goosebumps.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Well, I didn't realize it until they were gone, but my eyebrows. I recently went to a beauty school to get them done (don't make my mistake!), and they left me with almost NOTHING.

I've been penciling them in for about a week now, but I miss my big old brows that I thought were such a hassle. And I had finally gotten them into the perfect 50's shape too. Drawing them in just isn't the same!

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
The necessities...

I need a hat on my head when I'm outside. I really feel uncomfortable without one. I also carry Chapstick in my pocket - year round. In close second are bow tie and monocle when not in uniform.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, three turrets of 16 inch guns!!!
100_0442.jpg
[/IMG]

Edward

Bartender
Let's not mention Freud, eh? lol

TraderRic - I hear you on the hat front. In the last nearly three years I have left the house without a hat on on precisely three occasions - all of them in some form of costume (twice a zombie, once Jack Skellington - the second time I took Jack out, I was in a Santa hat). The full-head makeup did give me the sensation of at least having something up there, but I do feel naked out of doors without a hat (and sometimes indoors - I foresee some smoking caps in my future).

Spearmint - interesting that heat loss is localised for you like that..... absent a hat, I would quickly lose heat through my head, but that's easily explained as it being the one uncovered place on my body, it would be where the heat escapes from. Interesting, though, that you have a pronounced difference in your arms when your legs are also exposed. Sensitive skin in that area, maybe? Though now I think about it, while I never wear short trousers, I can sort of understand where you're coming from: in Winter, I can take a lot more cold on my legs with only lighter wool trousers on, whereas I'd freeze solid if I didn't have a heavy overcoat / my B3 / equivalent on up top. Not so pronounced as yourself, maybe (though I've never gone shoeless since that festival in 94..... felt great, right up until i stood on a wasp...), but intersting nonetheless. Maybe it's down to the arms being closer to the major organs?

olive bleu

One Too Many
HadleyH said:
Same here.
I cannot walk out the door in the morning without my coffee fix. And it has to be real coffee, percolator coffee and very strong !:coffee:
All the rest comes after.

..i can top that..i can't get out of bed without my coffee. I set the timer on my auto drip and set my alarm for about 10 minutes after that. I somehow manage to find my way downstairs to the kitchen, pour a cup of coffee and make my way BACK upstairs with it where i prop myself up in bed and sip untill the life starts to seep into my veins. Everything after that is just gravy.

Not really, just that I'm kinda similar--anyone around me is taking their life in their own hands if I don't have either a full two hours to go through a "checklist" startup sequence (yes, my brain takes that long for a "cold boot", mostly because of all the stabilizer, control and safety subroutines) or a massive caffeine-boost (which, while it won't get me to my best performance, gets me to "minimum safe status" in about thirty minutes).

People have had to dodge flying alarm-clocks when trying to wake me before...:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo