Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That WAS a golden era

Futwick

One of the Regulars
935384_545668912151609_2045302937_n.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I guess everybody knows the great story behind this photo. Marilyn adored Ella, and it was through her efforts that Ella got the extended gig at the club in Hollywood in the early 50s.. Marilyn came and sat in front for every night of Ella's run. It had a huge impact on Ella's career at the time.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Have you guy's and gal's heard the latest about J.F.K. and Marilyn on the National News today , how Jackie O. knew all about J.F.K. 's affair's and didn't care as long as it wasn't make public and or embarrassing to her , but what got me was how J.F.K. told Marilyn that he was going to marry her and of course it was all bunk.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Edward

Bartender
In the original Watchmen graphic novel, Edward Blake makes an offhand joke - "Just don't ask me where I was when Kennedy got shot." In the film version, they translated this into a clip of Blake on the grassy knoll with a sniper rifle. Funnily enough - and this is my point here - the Before Watchmen comic book series that came out in 2012 (I'm currently reading the collected volumes) has Eddie Blake assassinating Marilyn on Jackie Kennedy's orders. A neat little twist to the story I'd never considered. I've long believed (and still do, firmly) that Marilyn was executed on the orders of the Kennedys, or that at least they knew damn well before the fact that it was being done. The latest reports, if true, don't really surprise me.

fashion frank

One Too Many
In the original Watchmen I've long believed (and still do, firmly) that Marilyn was executed on the orders of the Kennedys, or that at least they knew damn well before the fact that it was being done. The latest reports, if true, don't really surprise me.

It's funny that you say that because I have had the same thought and I would not put it past them as both brother's had sex with her and I thought that she might become a "problem" to them .

It makes you wonder what people thought about her singing Happy Birthday to H.F.K. at Madison Square garden's back in the Day.

Very interesting and thanks for pointing that out.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot