Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seriously, though, the First Nations people have stories and legends about Yowies all over the country, different tribal groups using different names.

For some reason, I give a little more credence to stories that go back hundreds of years and pre-date the arrival of Europeans. That said, no better proof than one getting hit by a car and being road-kill or, heck, just finding the body or bones of one in the woods. More creative thinkers claim these creatures may be interdimensional, but that is a bridge too far for me.

https://www.northerndailyleader.com...led-at-by-a-yowie-spots-one-in-council-video/

GHT

I'll Lock Up
How a giant primate arrived on the American continent is a mystery. As is it's ability to exist for centuries without reproducing. Aliens are involved for sure. :rolleyes:
It probably hitched a ride on the back of Nessie when she made one of her sorties out of the loch.
bigfoot.jpg

For some reason, I give a little more credence to stories that go back hundreds of years and pre-date the arrival of Europeans. That said, no better proof than one getting hit by a car and being road-kill or, heck, just finding the body or bones of one in the woods. More creative thinkers claim these creatures may be interdimensional, but that is a bridge too far for me.
How a giant primate arrived on the American continent is a mystery. As is it's ability to exist for centuries without reproducing. Aliens are involved for sure. :rolleyes:
Ahem...

"Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Skunk Ape/Yeti/Abominable Snowman/whateveryoucallit" is an extraterrestrial species that has solved the problems of propulsion over great distances through the universe. Why they come here to Earth, I don't know. Vacation? Observation? They like screwing with we Terrans? Whatever their reasons, it explains a lot. No physical evidence of their presence except for the occasional footprint? They pack out their trash and they're far better at it than we are. Sure, they occasionally leave a patch of hair/fur on a branch somewhere, but who doesn't? No bodies? If they're injured or killed they take the bodies home with them for appropriate disposal. Reclusive? Again, if they're on vacation they want to be left alone, and if they're here to observe and learn more about us they really don't want us to be aware of their presence. Maybe they just like it here; I don't know. But this theory provides answers for a lot of questions.
My joke theory doesn't sound so far fetched now, does it? :cool:

Tiki Tom

^^^^ Actually, Zombie might be on to something. All of these weird things (ghosts, ESP, UFOs, Yowies/Bigfoot, what-have-you) might be tied to the subject of “consciousness”, in “another dimension” sort of way. Admittedly the nature of consciousness is a pet curiosity of mine. But I first started down this road when someone said “oh, UFOs are far weirder than just being spaceships from other galaxies... they are real. But they are a manifestation of our consciousness, of consciousness itself. Consciousness links into another plain of reality.” Of course, I had no idea what the fudge he was talking about, but the concept almost seems more reasonable than space ships from millions of light years away. But once you crack open that door, you have to open it completely, allowing in Yowie and Bigfoot too. Now, where did I put that tinfoil hat of mine?

Moving right along: Where do you stand on the big controversy of the day? Namely, apparently the family of President Bush is involved in a dispute of whether or not the White House is haunted... (YouTube clip is 3 min.)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jenna-bush-hager-defends-claim-180600200.html

Here is a little history regarding the long circulating stories that the White House is haunted. The Lincoln bedroom story is especially well known. Of course Lincoln died suddenly and with unfinished business to do. (And what are ghosts, if not a manifestation of consciousness somehow continuing after death?)

https://www.voanews.com/usa/all-about-america/white-house-haunted

So, do you tend to believe Jenna or her mother?

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

All of these weird things (ghosts, ESP, UFOs, Yowies/Bigfoot, what-have-you) might be tied to the subject of “consciousness”, in “another dimension” sort of way. Admittedly the nature of consciousness is a pet curiosity of mine. But I first started down this road when someone said “oh, UFOs are far weirder than just being spaceships from other galaxies... they are real. But they are a manifestation of our consciousness, of consciousness itself. Consciousness links into another plain of reality.”

Tom, do you mean like in The Man in the High Castle with the films that show an alternate reality to the one the cast is living in? :)

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
But they are a manifestation of our consciousness, of consciousness itself. Consciousness links into another plain of reality.”

Replace consciousness with imagination & reality with wishful thinking & you'll be nearer the mark.
The problem with human consciousness is that it overthinks everything. it just cannot accept that it is merely a product of evolution & had nothing to do with the creation of the universe(s)

Tiki Tom

I’m with Jenna... The White House is haunted. Ghosts mean that consciousness survives death. That means there is some other parallel plain of existence. Ghosts also mean it’s possible to move between one plain of existence and another. If it is possible for one type of being, then it might be possible for other types of beings... voila! That’s why Yowies and Bigfoot are never caught. Elementary, my dear Watson.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
In 1998, Jane Fishman, a reporter for the Savannah Morning News, began a series of articles about a possibly haunted antique bed in the home of Al Cobb of Savannah, Georgia. Cobb bought the vintage late-1800s bed at an auction as a Christmas present for his 14-year-old son, Jason — a purchase he later regretted.

"Three nights later," Fishman reported, "Jason told his parents he felt as if someone had planted elbows on his pillow and was watching him and breathing cold air down the back of his neck. He felt sick. The next night he noticed the photo of his deceased grandparents on his wicker nightstand flipped down. So he righted it. The next day, the photo was facing down again.

Later that morning, after leaving his room for breakfast, he returned and found in the middle of his bed two Beanie Babies — the zebra and the tiger — next to a conch shell, a dinosaur made of shells and a plaster toucan bird. That got his parents' — and his twin brother, Lee's — attention. Trying to make sense of the irrational, Al called out, 'Do we have a Casper here? Tell me your name and how old you are.' Then he left some lined composition paper and crayons and, with his family, walked out of the room. In 15 minutes they returned and found written vertically in large block childlike letters, 'Danny, 7.'"

https://www.liveabout.com/poltergeists-three-famous-cases-2595934

Tiki Tom

Great poltergeist stories, thanks. I saw the (Spielberg?) film “Poltergeist” in the early 80s and read a book or two on the topic a long time ago. I remember one theory was that weird things (stuff flying across the room, loud noises) might be caused by some unidentified power generated by pubescent youngsters who were dealing with a lot of pent-up energy. Not my theory, I’m just repeating it. When I was growing up, I remember that there was a teenaged girl across the street who claimed to see ghosts. Other than that, as already noted, I have a friend who used to live in London… If there is a ghost around, it will find him. He has had more than one encounter. The thing about him, however, is that he has no reason to make things up and I tend to believe whatever he says on whatever topic. He is a rational, down-to-earth guy with a very responsible job. I have never seen a ghost, but that does not mean anything, one way or the other.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
It can’t be a ploy to draw tourists to the state, because Oklahoma is already on everyone’s bucket list. Am I right?

It seemed to be on mine:
US Army Field Artillery School, Ft Sill, Oklahoma
Oklahoma City University School of Law

(Oklahoma City hosts The Full Circle Bookstore with wood burning fireplaces; Remington Park Thoroughbred Racetrack;
great steak joints; and, the most gorgeous gals in fifty-two states-their Southwestern accent knocks your socks off.:))

GHT

I'll Lock Up
and, the most gorgeous gals in fifty-two states-their Southwestern accent knocks your socks off.:))
A swift check over my shoulder to ensure that Her Ladyship is not eavesdropping, or should that be, "eavesviewing?" If the SouthWestern accent knocks your socks off, why do the good folks of that area get this Brit and his missus, repeat everything, even though they heard it perfectly the first time? Is an English accent really so favoured?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Replace consciousness with imagination & reality with wishful thinking & you'll be nearer the mark.
The problem with human consciousness is that it overthinks everything. it just cannot accept that it is merely a product of evolution & had nothing to do with the creation of the universe(s)
Talking of over creation. Creationists argue that the universe is no more than six thousand years old. Interesting, how, I wonder, can they explain the footprint of a dinosaur, fossilised from one hundred and forty million years ago. It's about an hour's drive from where I live. Shame that the little creatures back then didn't create an oil well.
footprint.jpg

Benny Holiday

Talking of over creation. Creationists argue that the universe is no more than six thousand years old. Interesting, how, I wonder, can they explain the footprint of a dinosaur, fossilised from one hundred and forty million years ago. It's about an hour's drive from where I live. Shame that the little creatures back then didn't create an oil well.
View attachment 340537

"Evolution is a religion. That was true of evolution in the beginning, and it's true of evolution still today." - Michael Ruse, Professor of Philosophy and Zoology, University of Guelph, Canada.

Depends how you view the evidence. Secularists keep telling me the bones, footprints, eggs etc are millions of years old, but then they keep finding bones of various dinos - T Rex, triceratops, hadrosaurs - that aren't fossilized and contain soft tissue inckuding red blood cells and even stretchy collagen. Real science doesn't match the religion they preach of millions of years. Even some evolutionists have to admit that as per the quote above.

Tiki Tom

"Evolution is a religion. That was true of evolution in the beginning, and it's true of evolution still today." - Michael Ruse, Professor of Philosophy and Zoology, University of Guelph, Canada.

Depends how you view the evidence. Secularists keep telling me the bones, footprints, eggs etc are millions of years old, but then they keep finding bones of various dinos - T Rex, triceratops, hadrosaurs - that aren't fossilized and contain soft tissue inckuding red blood cells and even stretchy collagen. Real science doesn't match the religion they preach of millions of years. Even some evolutionists have to admit that as per the quote above.

Whoa. Another mystery, indeed. My first reaction was, of course, to quote chapter and verse of the traditional, established view: "There are indeed examples of dinosaur flesh or cartilage having survived millions and millions of years due to extremely rare and unusual conditions. But these examples are very rare." But then I thought I'd google around before opening my mouth. It seems (according to this) that it is not as rare as all that. Watch the first minute or two of this video to lay the groundwork... then cut-to-the-chase at minute 19:10 if you want your world rocked. Wild iconoclastic ideas, to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana