Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dated an English woman once. She was near perfect, and her accent was Devine. She was from Hereford. Lovely, charming, wonderful. Shame about her teeth, however. (Not that I’m perfect, mind you.)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Dated an English woman once. She was near perfect, and her accent was Devine. She was from Hereford. Lovely, charming, wonderful. Shame about her teeth, however. (Not that I’m perfect, mind you.)

Once met two English girls inside a Thessaloniki waterfront bar. Me, myself, and I ventured approach;
using me Irish charm, asked both out to dinner. Shot down in flames. Crash n' burner. I later did a post-game
analysis and realized I had only invited one of the girls-mistakenly, didn't mean to exclude her friend. Not a pocket passer, I need to scramble.
Chalked it up to an incomplete pass, fumble, and crash and burn. :(o_O:oops::confused:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Dated an English woman once. She was near perfect.
What a coincidence, so did I.

Tina 1.jpg

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up

Screenshot_20210527-222344_Gallery-1.jpg

The 'ghost' looks 1 dimensional, like a photograph but I suppose it could be argued that ghosts would look 1 dimensional. However :D.......it is convenient that 'her' apparition appeared at one of the most lit windows in the hotel & that the cutains were open. ( Lady ghosts who appear at windows always seem to be able to open the curtains.) Something wrong with the lighting on her face though The light is coming from her left so the shadow of her nose should be on the right side of her face but is on the left. That though, is not admissable in court since it is unknown if ghosts can cast shadows or be shadowed or have shadowing or if they are lit by light from this world or the by the light from whence they came. :rolleyes:
It's funny too how ghosts are always clothed, dresses for the ladies, shirt & pants for the fellas..One can entertain the idea that a spirit, consciousness or a form of energy can subsist after death & move on to a different plain but it is more difficult to accept that clothes & clothed bodies can pass unaltered beyond the grave. On the other hand, it's reassuring to know that period dress shops exist on the other side. I wonder where the clothes are made......Please con't say by child ghosts in a high plains India.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210527-222344_Gallery-1.jpg

The 'ghost' looks 1 dimensional, like a photograph but I suppose it could be argued that ghosts would look 1 dimensional. However :D.......it is convenient that 'her' apparition appeared at one of the most lit windows in the hotel & that the cutains were open...
The skeptic in me says it's a little too perfect. If it ever gets investigated, I'd bet it's another "standee" like the "ghost kid" in Three Men and a Baby.

Tiki Tom

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in Ghosts and spirits:

ghosts.png

https://today.yougov.com/topics/lif...9/10/21/paranormal-beliefs-ghosts-demons-poll

And, according to the New Yorker, “Almost a third of Americans say they have communicated with someone who has died…”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/05/31/why-did-so-many-victorians-try-to-speak-with-the-dead

Of course, these surprising percentages don’t necessarily mean that its true. But then again, here is another story with photos. (Same M.O., random photos taken in supposedly haunted hotels that, when developed, include strange visitors.) As the headline says: “Are ghosts real? Check out the evidence and you be the judge.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...-check-out-the-evidence-and-you-be-the-judge/

Is the jury still out? Or has science nailed down the coffin lid on this one? Anyone have any good first (or second) hand ghost stories to tell?

Benny Holiday

Anyone have any good first (or second) hand ghost stories to tell?

I'll reveal something to be honest I'm not at all comfortable talking about. A few years ago my sister phoned me one evening. She was quite troubled. She told me she thought she was in some serious trouble, and related to me some of her personal history I knew nothing about.

When she was a teenager, she and some friends held a seance. Just some kids messing around. From that day on, however, she found she was often in the company of a 'familiar spirit'. For years the entity would make its presence felt. On one occasion, she told me, she almost had a car accident, but a voice told her to look in the other direction, and she avoided being hit by another car. On another occasion she went to see a well-known spirit medium, who told her she had a 'gift'. Going into his office, she saw an elderly man and wife consulting the medium. Later, only the woman came out. When she asked the medium about the old man, he was surprised, saying there was only a woman in there with them.

This went on for years. My sister had a passing interest in the occult, but was not fully into it. I knew nothing about what was going on. She thought it might be the ghost of our father, until the time came when the entity started to become more threatening, more insistent. It started to manifest as a stifling force in her house, she told me, a suffocating sensation. It would blow on her face and wake her up when she was trying to sleep, or would pin her down on her bed. She told me all this, and I could hardly believe what I was hearing.

I didn't know what to do for her, so I referred her to the minister who performed my son's dedication day. He asked her if she believed in God. She said she did. He told her straight that that was the only reason the entity hadn't taken over her. To this day, years later, she has to be very careful what she does in her house and brings into her house. She must pray over her house for protection every day. The entity checks on her to see if it might be welcomed back into her life. One time it came back and oppressing her again. The minister came out and asked her what she'd done differently. She couldn't think of anything, until he searched the house and found a toy dragon in her son's room. They'd bought it not realising the dragon has a certain symbolic reference to, well, I don't even want to write the name here. The spirit had come back, seen it, and thought it was welcomed back.

The bottom line is that it's all very real and very scary. The occult is not a play toy, even just to dabble in.

I won't mention that again. It's not a pleasant thing to remember or think about.

Bugguy

Practically Family
I was hiking with friends in a back-country valley in Jeju-do (South Korea) many years ago, and we came across these stone statues lining the valley in deep brush (Dol hareubang). Being culturally ignorant at that time, we tossed rocks at them and generally disrespected and carried on. It was a beautiful day and perfect weather.... As those of you who hike back-country valleys know, distant storms can cause major flash flood miles away.

We camped part way up the valley wall that night and as you can guess, very nearly lost our lives in a night time flash flood. I had to crawl against the current to high ground and subsequently lost my pack and all my identification. We were pulling items out of brush downstream for a mile.

Lesson learned. In opposition to my rational mind, at a visceral level I believe there are forces in play we can't appreciate. I've watched shamans work and felt "cold spots", Appalachian 'haints', and observed unexplained arial phenomena. I guess I'm willing to suspend disbelief and entertain uncomfortable explanations.

images.jpeg

Tiki Tom

We are ahead of the news curve.
Here is a very recent CNN news article on people who have unexpectedly had communications from loved ones who died from COVID during this last year. There is even a term for it in medical/psychology circles: “After Death Communication (ADC)”.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/20/...counters-pandemic-loved-ones-blake/index.html

The article also talks about military vets who get visits from fallen comrades.

We are ahead of the news curve.
Here is a very recent CNN news article on people who have unexpectedly had communications from loved ones who died from COVID during this last year. There is even a term for it in medical/psychology circles: “After Death Communication (ADC)”.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/20/...counters-pandemic-loved-ones-blake/index.html

The article also talks about military vets who get visits from fallen comrades.
In certain circles this is known as a "visitation". Sometimes it happens in dreams (i.e., the "loved ones" appear in a dream), other times it's little signals like the gentleman in the article described (purple lights, a scent, something appearing out of context that had/has symbolic meaning). In these examples, they're simply letting you know they're okay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto