Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So. You thought Ace Ventura, Pet Detective was weird. How about an airline that hires a Pet Psychic to find a feline that they lost in transit?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/12/cat-psychic-bolivia-state-airline

On the other hand, it just underlines the fact that a significant slice of people in the world think there might be something to ESP. …I suspect that there is more to reality than we are equipped to process, but I‘m not sure this story helps.

Tiki Tom

A walk in the wood and a photo.

AEB465C8-1298-4080-BC3A-2C3D6BD8705C.png

https://rmsobigfoot.blogspot.com/2023/01/another-olympic-sasquatch-captured-on.html

Can they all be fakes? I know, I know… until a hunter bags one and we have a body, we must be very leery about these things. But the eternal teenager in me, who enjoys telling stories by the campfire, loves this stuff.

Tiki Tom

Whenever somebody makes a claim about the pyramids, I immediately switch on my BS detector. But this claim seems to be legit: It seems that they have discovered a large hidden room inside the structure. It’s pretty amazing. I wonder how they will gain entry.

I would assume it is a long lost tomb, but who knows?

https://www.iflscience.com/a-massiv...d-of-giza-for-4-500-years-what-s-inside-67207

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...e-found-hidden-space-in-great-pyramid-of-giza

I still scratch my head about how the pyramids were built. Although I have no better explanation, the traditional “slaves and ramps” explanation seems incredible. (20,000 to 30,000 men putting one 2.5 ton* stone in place every two minutes for twenty years.)

https://factsanddetails.com/world/cat56/sub365/entry-6093.html

Anyway, a vast unexplored chamber! Talk about an adventure waiting to happen!

* On average. Some stones weighed up to 80 tons. Stones were floated down the Nile from Aswan. 2.3 million blocks in the great pyramid alone.

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

Sticking with the “mysteries of ancient Egypt” theme. The ability that the Egyptians had to drill perfectly round holes in very hard granite is worth discussion. The standard archaeological explanation is that they used copper or bronze tubes, in combination with very hard grit, and hand-sawed this primitive tool through the stone. Note that both copper and bronze are softer than the stone being cut; hence the need for hard grit (diamond grit has even been mentioned ).

This explanation seems to work except for one thing: The slowness of the work. It would require hundreds and hundreds of man hours to cut a deep hole/tube into these stones. It just seems like more work than such a hole is worth. I’m not arguing against the standard explanation, because we have absolutely no proof supporting the “unknown advanced technology” hypothesis.

That said, I have to say, it seems likely that we simply don’t know how the earliest Egyptians did a lot of things. We have educated guesses, but we really don’t know.

More:

https://www.penn.museum/sites/expedition/ancient-egyptian-stone-drilling/

Woodtroll

One Too Many
There are a lot of ancient structures using MASSIVE stones, perfectly placed and fit, on several continents. I've never seen a believable explanation for how these huge blocks were cut and fit so perfectly. Moving, I guess, could always be accomplished with rollers, ropes, and enough brute force, but the cutting, fitting, dressing (and drilling) of these things boggles the imagination.

Tiki Tom

There are a lot of ancient structures using MASSIVE stones, perfectly placed and fit, on several continents. I've never seen a believable explanation for how these huge blocks were cut and fit so perfectly. Moving, I guess, could always be accomplished with rollers, ropes, and enough brute force, but the cutting, fitting, dressing (and drilling) of these things boggles the imagination.

One of my favorite examples is the little known wall at Ahu Vinapu on Easter Island, with its stone blocks weighing from three to five tons each. The standard history says that Easter Island was first settled by Polynesians about 1,200 years ago. Nothing like these walls can be found anywhere in Polynesia. Yet they closely resemble Inca (or pre-Inca?) walls in Cusco. It’s a mystery!

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
One of my favorite examples is the little known wall at Ahu Vinapu on Easter Island, with its stone blocks weighing from three to five tons each. Nothing like these walls can be found anywhere in Polynesia. Yet they closely resemble Inca (or pre-Inca?) walls in Cusco. It’s a mystery!
Egypt, England, Ireland, Mexico, Central America all feature stone tonnage and engineering of the highest order.
Human ingenuity, all the more incredulous with time's passage.

Tiki Tom

And down the rabbit hole of WEIRD ARCHAEOLOGY we go! Not even Indiana Jones has gotten this weird, although Chrystal Skull was pretty weird.

Recently, I was investigating Project Deep Quest (more about that later), when I came across the term “psychic archaeology”. Wow. Pay dirt!! How very bizarre. But, when you think about it, why not? If even the CIA and DOD were dabbling in ESP, why wouldn’t the field of archaeology also experiment with it?

Yet it turns out that archaeology’s dabbling with the paranormal far predated the CIA’s famous Stargate Project.

It started with an Englishman named Bond (not that Bond!) who was seeking to excavate the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey. First however, via automatic writing, he made contact with a dead monk who had lived at the Abbey in the Middle Ages. The monk, writing in Latin, divulged the site where a specific lost chapel might be found. When the archaeological dig began —lo and behold— the chapel was right where the monk said it would be! When Bond let it be known how he had first learned about the chapel, his career was DESTROYED. The entire fascinating story is here:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/psychic-archeology-frederick-bligh-bond-glastonbury-abbey

But that’s only the start of the weirdness. Let’s talk about Dorothy Eady, also English, who claimed to be the reincarnation of a minor priestess from Ancient Egypt. She eventually (in the 1930s) moved to Egypt and got a job on the office staff of some archaeologists. When she told them her past life identity and said “dig here and you will find this”, they humored her and dug. Lo and behold, they uncovered exactly that which she had claimed. After that, the archaeologists showed her grudging respect and collaborated with her. Her story is well documented (a biography was even written) but the basic facts can be read here:

https://egyptianstreets.com/2021/09...ient-egypt-the-reincarnation-of-dorothy-eady/

Which brings me to Project Deep Quest. This involves an attempt to prove that Project Stargate (CIA) was on to something. Two of Stargate’s more talented alumni, Ingo Swann and Hella Hammid, were tasked with locating something on the sea floor using their psychic remote viewing skills. Their independent efforts both zeroed in on one set of coordinates, where they both “saw” a previously uncharted shipwreck with some unusual details. Because this was a well funded research project, a submersible from a well known oceanographic institute went down to have a look. Lo and behold… they hit the nail on the head, right down to a very unlikely fine point.

Project Deep Quest —ultimately an exercise in undersea archaeology— was documented on film. You can watch it here: (Sorry, it’s about sixteen minutes long.)

There are other examples of “Psychic Archaeology” out there, including the time when psychics and archaeologists found a previously unknown Byzantine ruin buried in the Egyptian desert.* It goes without saying that psychic archaeology is considered to be way out there on the fringes of mainstream science, and many have made it their goal to debunk it. Nonetheless, as they say, “it’s a thing!”

Weird stuff. But documented stories Like these make me scratch my head about the nature of reality and consciousness. Strange, indeed. It is Indiana Jones meets X-Files, only in real life.

* https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Electronic_Remote_Sensing_and_Remote_Viewing

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
And this was long after the end of Stargate.

I have often wondered if the termination of Stargate was REALLY the end of it. Although I have seen nothing that says otherwise, I can’t help but wonder.
. Once on holiday in Budapest a Romni gypsy read my hand. She had remarkable beauty, thirty-five or forty, and her facial features traced back centuries to Mongol ancestry. She gave accurate read of my palm; even commented demurely on my interest in her as a woman. Yes, I believe.

Bugguy

Practically Family
Guess where this photo was taken.

View attachment 472079

Arabia? Egypt? Sudan? Nope.

The Australian Outback.
”By 2010 up to 1 million feral camels roamed the Australian Outback, scientists estimated.”

The government did attempt to cull the heard, bringing the population down significantly, but “the population can double in eight to ten years.”

This surprising (to me) story underlines how vast the Outback is. What else is hidden out there?
From what I've been told, Australian camels have been captured and shipped to Saudi Arabia. Apparently they're healthier than the native ones.

About 20 years ago I spent several weeks touring central Australia solo in a camper. On a backroad outside Alice Springs I almost ran down these guys (pic). They blended into the terrain so well, they were hard to pick out till I was pretty close. No fear - just daring me to move closer.

145017861_10219602718002149_1994572550882276780_n.jpg

Tiki Tom

Monster of the week!

What the heck made those tracks viewed from the helicopter? They are way TOO BIG to be Bigfoot tracks (despite the speculation of the narrator…. And the tiny speck viewed on the other part of the video could just be a man or maybe a bear.) But those tracks in the snow look real enough. What might have made them?? Maybe a bouncing boulder coming DOWN the mountain? No. That is an even more ridiculous theory. Another hard to explain puzzle.

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

This seems to be the place where it was first posted… Plenty more “dubious” photos/videos here. Worth a look, as some of them seem half ways plausible. :) I note that the organization also includes a tab (“breakdowns”) on the page that does analysis of the submitted photos/videos. I haven’t watched the analysis films. They have not yet done one on the helicopter footprints clip. Anyway, looks like the Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Organization is a fun and interesting group that is attempting to research Bigfoot in the Rockies. Definitely a “F.L.A.S.K. Approved” undertaking.

https://rmsobigfoot.blogspot.com/2023/02/helicopter-pilot-records-massive-tracks.html

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB