Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
. Anyway, looks like the Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Organization is a fun and interesting group that is attempting toresearch Bigfoot in the Rockies.

https://rmsobigfoot.blogspot.com/2023/02/helicopter-pilot-records-massive-tracks.html

Bigfoot only exists in imagination. Recent events in Europe which I analyze are obviously real with far reaching consequence. Such tend to dismiss, perhaps a bit peremptorily, lesser tales of various origin of little consequence.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh, I totally get it. I, myself, was once shushed in these hallowed pages because I wanted to discuss the European situation that you are referring to. Very serious stuff indeed. And I felt particularly close to the issue for reasons that have been mentioned elsewhere. But —now that I am retired— I have come to accept man’s natural state: I am totally irrelevant to the world (except insofar as I have a small pension that others might like to leech onto.) No one is the least bit interested in my views on weighty affairs or my plans to save the world, if I had such plans.

The Fedora Lounge Adventure Speakeasy Klub (F.L.A.S.K.) has a completely different mission. Half seriously, half tongue-in-cheek, F.L.A.S.K’s job is to turn its back on the horribly serious and revisit those wonderful youthful days when we entertained outlandish possibilities: Bigfoot, UFOs, lost cities, the supernatural, buried treasures, unbroken codes, history’s mysteries, etc, etc. Let’s let ourselves relive the days when our youthful selves were THRILLED AND EXCITED by the thought that some of these topics might be true or possible. In my case, that was a long time ago. With a crowbar, I’m trying to pry open that door —even a little bit— and let in a little wonder. Just a crack, mind you.

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Oh, I totally get it. I, myself, was once shushed in these hallowed pages because I wanted to discuss the European situation that you are referring to. Very serious stuff indeed. And I felt particularly close to the issue for reasons that have been mentioned elsewhere. But —now that I am retired— I have come to accept man’s natural state: I am totally irrelevant to the world (except insofar as I have a small pension that others might like to leech onto.) No one is the least bit interested in my views on weighty affairs or my plans to save the world, if I had such plans.
Congratulations on your retirement. I trust you've settled in for fun & frolic.
I hope I didn't come across as overly severe, but London's City is demanding; and, of course, crystal balls are hollow.
What is as remarkable as fancy is our global interdependence, which increases its constriction despite conflict. And aside the actual conflicted state of affairs there is mother nature, or earth goddess supreme. Much of earth lies fallow, either for mineral lack its soil or barren nutrients to support seed, growth, harvest. Phosphate is found in China which has some of the most difficult land to farm; and the USA; potash is another soil mineral found largely in Russia.
Disrupted grain shipments, embargoed soil fertilizer spell doom. Dickensian, but unfortunately true.

Tiki Tom

Talk about aged whiskey! If money was no object (ref another thread) I’d invest in this dive and salvage operation, just for the adventure factor. Although, after 170 years underwater, I’m skeptical that those whiskey barrels have maintained a tight seal. Still, if only half of them are intact, you still might make a nice profit. Idunno. It’s all about the adventure.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradja...reck-could-be-worth-millions/?sh=99763bd3a148

Tiki Tom

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Case Update: (see post #602 above, relating to buried Civil War gold.)

In response to legal challenge, the FBI has released [some] photos that confirm that at least some of the claims were true…

https://apnews.com/article/politics...a-clearfield-ec6f923036d4da94d0d8b07a6e0e82bb

So, where is the gold, fellas? :)
If I might chip a penny curbside. The American dollar is the world's reserve currency, pegged to Saudi Arabian oil; Saudi Arabia oil pegged to the dollar; the dollar further secured inside earthen wallet deposit world's largest, most plentiful petroleum reserve. The US Treasury has gold stored Ft Knox, KY.
Now, even though the dollar is oil drenched; perception as to world reserve currency is paramount concern; therefore the United States cannot buy additional gold, nor sell gold. Any rumoured Civil War gold cache hoard will be investigated, pursued, taken to Ft Knox. The dollar will retain its position. And the US government will not have bought nor sold gold. That's how it's done, how it works. China, believe it or not, loves the greenback. She buys tons and tons of gold and settles her accounts in $$$.

Benny Holiday

MORE weird phenomenon.
We all know the official explanation.
But it still seems highly unlikely and bizarre.
Really? It rained fish in a desert outback town in Australia?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-21/outback-community-fish-rain-sky-weather-event/102002588
My Dad was an interstate trucker back in the 50s. He encountered that sort of phenomena on his travels, as well as locust plagues that turned the sky black before devastating the crops of half of outback New South Wales and Victoria.

Tiki Tom

You may be on to something. See the following story. Very weird. What is striking is the documented history of the, er, ”relic”. Clearly not a recently manufactured stunt. The vast ocean is full of mysteries.

[/URL]

I'm betting it will eventually be revealed to be just another Fiji Mermaid. Oh, that P.T. Barnum was a rascal!

Re: The centuries old mermaid mummy in a glass case in a temple in Japan. This F.L.A.S.K. Case can be closed and stamped “solved.”

After scientific examination, it turns out that it was indeed a very clever 200+ year old fraud/hoax.

https://www.livescience.com/hauntin...apan-is-even-weirder-than-scientists-expected

I‘m working on a theory: that you can pinpoint when a country has become modern/prosperous by establishing exactly when the people started having enough free time to start creating elaborate hoaxes.

Tiki Tom

Monster of the week.

This time we have an elf sighting. To add credibility, the person sharing the photo is the leader of a country and he seems to be serious about his claim. This is not the first time that elf sightings have come up in this thread. Elves are a fixture in many cultures, including here in Hawaii, so far be it from me to judge.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mexican-president-posts-photo-elf-rcna72413

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Monster of the week.

This time we have an elf sighting. To add credibility, the person sharing the photo is the leader of a country and he seems to be serious about his claim. This is not the first time that elf sightings have come up in this thread. Elves are a fixture in many cultures, including here in Hawaii, so far be it from me to judge.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mexican-president-posts-photo-elf-rcna72413

Elves aren't monsters. Elves are just Elves.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Unless they are trying to lure you to your doom! See post #666, above.
Oh, wait. I might be mixing up elves and fairies. Dang. The woods are full of strange things. Sasquatch is the least of it.
Tik, there are two types of Elves. One, those Santa employees London trade unionists always itch to organize.
And two, ELVIS fans like moi. Fairies are all over the place. Sasafras like I said doesn't even exist.
To summarize 1. Elves are real, but those up North Pole aren't unionized
2. Santa is real
3. ELVIS fans are real
4. Fairies are real
5. Bigtoe isn't real.

Tiki Tom

Oh, wait. I might be mixing up elves and fairies.

Ha! It seems that I am not alone. This very recent —and interesting— article about the origin of fairies claims that elves, etc, are really types of fairies. See paragraph 2. Somewhat unexpected, but I can see how that might have happened. :)

https://original.newsbreak.com/@abdullah-k-1608642/2937101215092-are-fairies-real

On the down side, the article does not list its sources. Nonetheless, it does contain some good fairy trivia. Long ago, I once dated a hippy chick who definitely believed in fairies. She would leave little gifts for them in the garden.

As a community service, I am again linking the Dublin article (from post 666 above) relating the story of a woman who claims that she was almost abducted by fairies:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/womans-terrifying-ordeal-after-hearing-25006288

You and I at least agree that Santa is real. As a friend said: “first you believe in Santa. Then you don’t believe in Santa. Eventually you believe in Santa Again. Finally, you start to look like Santa.” All too true.

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

We are approaching the 50th anniversary of the “Oakland Creature” mystery. The basic story fits a familiar pattern (see the Beast of Brey Road [werewolf!] articles earlier in this thread):
Small remote town. One summer night something strange is seen/heard. Soon reports are pouring in from all over town. There is some sort of unidentified creature on the loose. Stories in the local press attract wider attention. A TV crew shows up. But then, the weather turns colder and the phenomenon evaporates as quickly as it appeared.

https://nebraskapublicmedia.org/en/...-mass-theory-terrified-a-small-nebraska-town/

This story has it all. UFOs and cattle mutilations are briefly mentioned. But what caught my attention was that “the Oakland Police Chief had a coyote trained for tracking.” Whaaat?? A coyote??

The creature sightings that summer were noteworthy enough that the locals are still talking about it.

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

Nice ghost story from the UK.
Two police officers who are about to go on patrol suddenly hear a train rushing by the police station. They even hear the train blow its horn And feel the wind rush by them. That’s the story in its entirety, which somehow makes it more believable. It contains no overblown details, etc.
Unable to shake the weird experience, the two cops do a little investigating and learn that, long ago, a train line used to run right through the police station parking lot. The line ceased functioning and was ripped out in 1947.
The story names the two officers. This gives the tale a bit of weight. It is confirmed that they were on duty and had not been drinking. A strange tale, indeed.
Was it a ghost train? Or did They experience a momentary “time slip”? Surely the two cops were not simply making it up. (?)
I personally like the “time slip” hypothesis, but am open to your theories and speculations.

https://www.staffordshire-live.co.u...ying-ghost-train-reported-swadlincote-8218578

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
^ Trains have unique tales tracked. Odd story, also some fairy encounters, calendar clues lead to St Padraig's Day.
Best carry a pat butter in left-hand pants pocket and carry a salt shaker to toss salt over left shoulder for leprechauns.

Tiki Tom

If someone were to name a “triangle” after the town you live in, what creepy/paranormal legends or events could they point to as proof?

Here on Oahu, our claim to otherworldly fame would be fairly regular sightings of the volcano goddess, Pele; we have tons of ghost stories and kapu (taboo) sights; and we even have the occasional pterodactyl sighting.

I bring this question up because, in Massachusetts, “the Bridgewater Triangle” has been declared. Is it a tourism gimmick or the real deal? The Bridgewater triangle is claimed to be a paranormal hotspot featuring everything from ghosts and monsters to UFOs. What other little known “triangles” might be out there? Is your hometown a candidate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgewater_Triangle

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news...ehoboth-massachusetts-wbz-tv-it-happens-here/

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

What in the heck is THAT?
intriguing two-minute video from very deep beneath an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico.
My first thought: “It‘s a sea turtle.” But at over 5,600 feet deep, it is way too deep for a sea turtle. Plus: it’s moving too fast and has no flippers.
Is it a new type of fish? Again: no evidence of eyes, mouth, fins, tail, etc.
The narrator, who seems knowledgeable, seems to take it for granted that it is some type of submersible. But he’s at a loss beyond that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails