Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Art of Shaving

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I cannot shave: I get stubble in a few hours :(

So it is wax an epilator for me. The best sensation is waxing after leaving the hairs grow a bit long for some time, it's absolutely perfect :D I get this done professionally when I travel back to Spain (better, cheaper), and then I mantain with epilator (once a week, takes 10m per leg) and my small hot wax machine (old style, no strips) now and then. It is not as perfect to the touch, but there is no difference to the naked eye [huh]
Over the lip area, I only use wax. Same for armpits, although I don't do these so often, and ocassionaly I do shave them...

Goldfish

A-List Customer
How easy is it to get razors for the *Curvfit*?

And, how much time will it take me to get a decent shave with safety razors?
I took a quick look at the B&B board earlier this day and it seems like finding the right razor & blade is a looong journey, one that I don't feel like going to do...

JennyLou

Practically Family
LelaViavonie said:
I am ALSO a big FAN of the Kiss My Face shaving Lotion.. ohhhh that stuff is heavenly.. and good for the Env!

I have the vanilla one and it smells soo good int he shower and truly prevents from razor burn and cuts! I give it 10 thumbs up!
I'm going to give this product a try.

I hate shaving my legs and underarms. I want to wear skirts and shorts more but I feel like I need to sheave everytime before I do. When I shave, my skin gets irritated. I use the Quattro razor and it's the best razor 've used so far but I still get red bumps and irritation.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
JennyLou said:
I'm going to give this product a try.

I hate shaving my legs and underarms. I want to wear skirts and shorts more but I feel like I need to sheave everytime before I do. When I shave, my skin gets irritated. I use the Quattro razor and it's the best razor 've used so far but I still get red bumps and irritation.

I hope this works out for you... ! I love the stuff!

zombi

A-List Customer
I guess I'm dredging up an ooooooooooold thread but... do any of you ladies shave your legs and such with a safety razor? How does it go? Did it take you long to figure out how? Difficult?

i'm suddenly interested in it.

Mae Croft

Familiar Face
I have extremely sensitive skin (and a bad allergic reaction to dogs, including the family dog, that breaks me out in a easily irritated rash) so leg shaving is a bit of a pain but I find that this works for me: I put a towel out on my bed, which is where I have to do this step. I keep handy two damp, hot towels for this. I put a little cold cream on my legs (about a tablespoon per leg is enough for me) and wrap each leg in the damp towel (MUST be somewhat hot for this to work). I leave it there until it cools then I go shower/shave. It sounds like a bit of a hassle since I have to wash the cold cream off in the shower before I apply soap (I use BRISTOL E. (I accidentally wrote Bristol P the first time, which is a bit of a horrid Freudian slip lol) shaving soap, the kind that's round to go in the bottom of a shaving mug) but it definitely does the trick at softening the hair and making it harder to cut myself, as even a normal shaving soap or gel (no matter which I've used) doesn't prevent irritation the way this method does. My aunt has the same problem, as very sensitive skin seems to run in our family somehow, and this is her method.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Bump!

Any of you ladies brave enough to shave your legs with a straight razor? I tried my upper thighs and it worked fantastically, but I'm nervous about the more delicate areas (behind knees, ankles.) I have a feeling I will cut myself to ribbons when I do try it.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Any of you ladies brave enough to shave your legs with a straight razor?

I think the answer might be no, the young barbers who do my hair do use one for the hairs on then back, they sharpen it before each customer and they just only a few strokes , they also hold the skin tight.
Have you tried yet on the whole leg?
To be hounest it's going to be down to practice, and a few cuts. what that about no pain no gain.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
To be hounest it's going to be down to practice, and a few cuts.

I have tried the whole leg, save for the really delicate bits I mentioned, where the hair is fine anyway... Let it be said the styptic pencil is my new best friend. lol Thanks!

Louise Anne

Suspended
It maybe easier than you think on the delicate areas as you more aware in a way what could happen.
I think you just got to give it a go and see
You could practice on some fruit or veg first .

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Any of you ladies brave enough to shave your legs with a straight razor? I tried my upper thighs and it worked fantastically, but I'm nervous about the more delicate areas (behind knees, ankles.) I have a feeling I will cut myself to ribbons when I do try it.

I haven't, but my husband has done my legs with his. Talk about a trust exercise. I only let him to it once!

rene_writer

Familiar Face
Legs and arms get Venus and whatever soap in in the shower. I never realized how hairy I actually am until I got a job with 40 other girls and found out I was the only one who had to shave all the way up the leg and showed stubble within in twelve hours.

Mostly, though, I'm posting this because I've had a weird shaving experience recently. I've tried nair and waxing on my upper lip, both of which worked, but both of which left horrible ingrown hairs which were worse than the hair ever was. So, I was in Ross one day and saw one of those detail razors for five bucks and bought it. I shaved my face for a month (I know... most women shutter at the thought of a razor going to work on their face, but I was desperate) and now the hair has not grown back.

Seriously, two months later and no more mustache. It's freaking me out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo