Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Aviation Cocktail

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sorry folks...it's an early attempt of mine to make a movie :/

I've used the video feature on my basic digital camera and some windows editing, so it's pretty basic. Plus it's my first time to play around with the stuff, so it's going to be 'Elementary School' level..! But I 'so' wanted to share with you this amazing GOLDEN AGE drink that you could see Gatsby or Cary Grant drinking on a warm summer's evening...

I hope it encourages 'you' to have a go at trying this amazing drink...;)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
I messed around with a couple of trial versions of movie software before discovering how easy it is to just use Windows Movie Maker which came loaded on my PC. Regardless, there's usually a learning curve, and you'll improve as you go.

As to the recipe itself, I'll leave a review for someone else. I'm on the wagon.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Too light on the Gin there boss...!

How to make the perfect, classic cocktail, THE AVIATION (1916), using Creme de Violette. (with 2oz of Beefeater London Gin);)

I also like the play of the bitter lemon juice battling with the sweet Maraschino, and then you have the violet undertones coming through...I just LOVE this liquid poetry in motion!!

ENJOY the movie...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GOtAOvY9YJw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner