Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bar Cart

Canadian

One of the Regulars
Hi,

I'm a non drinker, but I like having booze on hand in case I receive guests.

So I'll be putting together a bar cart. Imagine setting up a cart of your own, what would you stock. I don't really know much about GE drinks, can anybody add some expertise and some suggestions.

What should I stock it with. Stuff my friends enjoy (I'm not buying brandy or tequila for example). While I would have Irish Cream, I wouldn't for example have Hypnotiq. Too trendy and it's kind of posh.

I'll start with Scotch. Probably a bottle of Glenfiddich 12yo and maybe 15yo. Depends on sales at the liquor store. Also Glenlivet 12yo and some kind of blend (probably Grants). So that's at least 4 bottles. Let's assume this cart holds 10 bottles on the top and the tray below holds another 10. It's a big tray (I'd probably have to repurpose something else).

Canadian whiskey would be Crown Royal, Alberta Premium and Canadian Club. All fairly cheap, but unless you go into it in detail, those three are all you need. Crown for drinking neat, AP for mixed drinks and CC for when you're making specialized drinks.

Irish whiskey, probably Jameson's. I don't know anything about Irish whiskey, but we drink a little bit at lodge.

Bourbon, Makers. Again, not an expert, but it seems decent price wise. Not the cheapest, but pretty close.

Vodka. Grey Goose, Stoli.

Gin. Gordon's Pink, Bombay Sapphire.

Rum. Lambs navy dark. Bacardi white.

Other:. Triple Sec, Cherry Whiskey. Probably Creme de Menthe. Also Baileys.

Keep in mind there are beer and champagne in the fridge.

Am I missing anything? I think the total cost would be under 300.

C.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Where are you buying (20) bottles, I'm assuming fifths, of alcohol for $300? And if that's Canadian dollars that's ~$225 USD. Man, hook me up with your supplier! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner