Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Axeman of New Orleans

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
I don't know if this has been posted or not, I could not find it with a search, but I ran across this article on a facebook jazz page and found it interesting.

The Axeman of New Orleans was a serial killer active in New Orleans, Louisiana (and surrounding communities, including Gretna, Louisiana), from May 1918 to October 1919. Press reports during the height of public panic about the killings mentioned similar murders as early as 1911, but recent researchers have called these reports into question.
Link to article below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Axeman_of_New_Orleans

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/weird/axeman/index.html

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
Somewhere, someone at the SyFy channel is furiously writing down the information on the Wikipedia page so that the story can be the next SyFy Friday night flick.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Somewhere, someone at the SyFy channel is furiously writing down the information on the Wikipedia page so that the story can be the next SyFy Friday night flick.

But only if they work in combination animal giant monsters that fight! Like if Axeman was really shapeshifting snapping turtle with a axe-beak called "Snapa-Axing Turtle" to fight with "Gaterhound" all with lots of bad CGI and full of actors and actresses from either the Spice Channel or a Baywatch spin-off... ;)

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
But only if they work in combination animal giant monsters that fight! Like if Axeman was really shapeshifting snapping turtle with a axe-beak called "Snapa-Axing Turtle" to fight with "Gaterhound" all with lots of bad CGI and full of actors and actresses from either the Spice Channel or a Baywatch spin-off... ;)

Very true! I think if I get the jump on them and pen the script for Snapa-Axing Turtle vs. Spiderpus, I might make a few bucks.

And on the off chance that there is a SyFy employee on the board, I'm running to the copywriter right now!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
My question about the Axeman, after scanning the Wikipedia entry, is this. In 1919, there was no bridge across the Mississippi river. Nada. There were ferries, but it was still a challenge to cross the river. So this serial killer hopped back and forth between Uptown, Midcity, the Ninth Ward, and a location on the West Bank of the river? Methinks the one on the West Bank might have been a copycat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy