Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Hat Brigade

RJR

There ya go! Just the contrast of the ribbon and WHAM...instant wow!
I agree.
Hat-VS-Black,Copper Nutria 2.jpg

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Interesting! :eek: How do you know from the pictures above?
But: Yes there is a paper label (picture will follow) with the German words "Größe" und "Farbe" etc. The liner is stiched.
I thought it is maybe produced for the German market? But I do not have a clue o hats.

Interesting! :eek: How do you know from the pictures above?
But: Yes there is a paper label (picture will follow) with the German words "Größe" und "Farbe" etc. The liner is stiched.
I thought it is maybe produced for the German market? But I do not have a clue o hats.

The form and the ribbon / bow design. I have many hats that have a similar look. I believe I have seen the branding before too. It was common to see made up American and British brands. Usually the paper labels don't have any company mark. Sometimes you can tell the company by the paper label format or hat construction. Also by doing a trademark search but it could remain a mystery. If you can post a photo of the paper label it might help. I would say it's mid to late 1950s. The liners are glued in once you get into the 1960s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR