Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Gorasgu Vic, love heathers. More evidence supporting my contention of a bunch-o-Gorasgu's lately.

Manfred, magnificent Echter and way to bring it back to life. Stunning results!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Gray Misto.

MistoA_zpsab5adcec.jpg

MistoB_zpseb1a0f6b.jpg

DSC_0004_zps5d4e6528.jpg

DSC_0003_zps126e2228.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic, Josh, Robert, Steve, Mike, Perry and O-Guy, thank you so much Gentlemen for the kind words and comments!
I am very happy with that result and he fits perfekt! A steal for 2,50 EUR.
Steve, yes you are right with the 30s, I know why I asked you. haha
Josh, sorry no flange number, only the size Number 57. It's a German hat flange, allside's relatively flat.
Thank you for your to kind words, it means a lot for me, because, you are the expert for restoration and design.

wegenerblock.jpg

Ale, wonderful Misto, congrats to that beauty!

luckyluciano

New in Town
hey guys what you think about this borsalino fedora?

im new to fedoras and i start loving em and wanting a borsalino. i have some questions are fedoras that are reshapeable crown good or is it better when is hard and stiff? and is this worth 350? in 30-40s i believe. thank you guys for your help.

luckyluciano

New in Town
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Borsalino-Classic-Fedora-Beige-Size-7-from-the-golden-age-finest-hat-ever-made-/00/s/MTA3NFgxNjAw/z/2f4AAMXQbjxRCtF5/$(KGrHqRHJFEFDzLs+kFeBRCtF4m1qg~~60_57.JPG

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the lounge, Lucky. That is a beautiful Borso. Guessing its of the 50's vintage rather than 30's. I've seen that particular hat for some time on Ebay and the seller is asking substantially more than he/she is likely to get given the small size. 6 7/8 and 7's tend not to bring as much at auction. On the other hand, something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it and we've seen bidding wars cause the smaller sizes to bring hefty sums on occasion. Good luck

Welcome to the Lounge.
If somebody is willing to pay $350 then it is worth that to that person at least.
What it is worth to you is up to you & nobody else.
They don't make hats like that anymore & is no contest in comparing to a modern one.
Having a modern (1980s) Borso & vintage ones (1950s), I say the vintage are worth a $150 more to me...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80