Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

wuluf

New in Town
I'm thinking of buying a new Borsalino Laredo. Any opinions of new Borsalino quality? I know 260 dollars is not a lot for this brand..is it a good value?

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I've gotten burned a couple of times, this time things worked out.

DH, I like yours better, I'd like to find one just like it. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks TommyK. I'd like to get this one refurbished, but it's gonna have to stay like it is for now. My boy just got braces for his teeth, so the hat budget just went up in smoke for a while. A long while.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Tommy, congratulations for the magnificent Lobbia Borsalino in beaver that you have found on the market. It is rare.
Your concerns about the measure of Borsalino that in the United States is measured with Punti is only one way to read the size of the hat that is expressed, always in Borsalino hats, in French measurements of hats.
Punti is an American convention to identify the size of the Borsalinos.
Here you will find a table, for the future, of the measures of the hats that can you help in the conversion of the various measures used.
clq2c.jpg

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
Some advice please gents. I am quite taken with the look of this rather shabby looking Borsalino and was wondering firstly is it worth a $105 dollars to my door? Secondly how might I lick it back into shape? Thank you.

Thanks for posting it here. As mentioned in the other threads this hat is probably from the 1960s (might be a bit earlier or bit later). It's has a nice long hair finish and felt band. Also has some Alpine influence in the form. Most on here would call it a stingy brim (under 2 inches) due to its dimensions (very common in 1960s and onward). Borsalino made very high quality hats up to the early 1980s (see details in this thread).

tommyK

One Too Many
Tommy, congratulations for the magnificent Lobbia Borsalino in beaver that you have found on the market. It is rare.
Your concerns about the measure of Borsalino that in the United States is measured with Punti is only one way to read the size of the hat that is expressed, always in Borsalino hats, in French measurements of hats.
Punti is an American convention to identify the size of the Borsalinos.
Here you will find a table, for the future, of the measures of the hats that can you help in the conversion of the various measures used.
clq2c.jpg

Thank You for filling in the details, Daniele.

paratroopertim

New in Town
Thank you very much. I am a knowledge hound if I am collecting and want to make the right choices when buying. How much do you think a hat like this would go for. At this point I definatly don't want to sell im just curious if I over paid. Oh by the way thank you for referring me to this thread I have learned so much.

tommyK

One Too Many
paratroopertim, generally the older, the bigger the brim, beaver content and the larger the size are the biggest factors in value.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This Borsalino, very well conserved from the pictures, on the Italian market will have a range of price between € 50-90 (around USD 55 - 100).
It is a short brim medium haired felt, probably beaver, with ribbon of the same material that is often found here in Italy.
I don't know its availability and how is appetibile on the US market it is.
So my guess is for Italy, home of Borsalino.

paratroopertim

New in Town
Truelly laughing my donkey off.As I just got these replies I recieved a wonderful emaiL ABOUT THIS HAT, I AM VERY HAPPY, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT. ALL I CAN SAY IS WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats