The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Dakota Ellison, Jan 25, 2004.

1. PanosChris

PanosChris A-List Customer

Never posted here before but I hope these two nominate my membership in this brotherhood :)

BORSALINO Gorasgu heather, I got from Andrian (via Brent - Thanks!)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Next BORSALINO Goraspo in "short" long hair finish in green [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Happy New Year to all my fellow loungers and friends,

Panos

Edit : Tapatalk is at it again. This one was never appeared
    [​IMG]
    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  2. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned Practically Family

Magnificent. Helluva entrance, Panos.

3. PanosChris

Thanks Jonathan :)

TheOldFashioned likes this.
  4. TheOldFashioned

Took a little while to jog the memory. Good to see it was a Lounger who got that Forra Goraspo. Sorry for the post earlier in the thread.

AbbaDatDeHat, steur and PanosChris like this.
  5. Steve1857

Steve1857 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow! A truly excellent double start to your Borsalino collection, Panos. Welcome to the Brotherhood, my friend [emoji145]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Blare, deadlyhandsome and PanosChris like this.
  6. Randall Renshaw

Randall Renshaw Practically Family

IMG_0267.JPG
    First Borsalino. I’ll buy more, especially if I can get them at a low price, like this one.
    Hope to be welcomed into the Brotherhood.
    This hat already made a lengthy statement at the “new hat” thread, so I’ll simply further state here (just for the record and just for the sake of this hat’s own integrity) that this Lobbia has zero elasticity to the grosgrain band and has too much structural rigidity to be one of the ones that could be folded into a coffin box.
    Especially if one were to compare the componentry of the two foldable hats that were recently photographed inside the coffin boxes in other threads. IMG_0265.JPG IMG_0261.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0264.JPG IMG_0259.JPG
    Can someone tell me what this code on the front of the sweat means or stands for?
    If you can, Thanks, in advance.
    I usually steam my hats to cause them to rigidly conform to the symmetrical, and near perfect shape I want it to keep, but with this one I think I’ll leave it be. It holds a crease unusually well. A property of all Borsalinos, maybe?

IMG_0263.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Steve1857

Steve1857 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Randall, welcome to the Borsalino Brotherhood, brother. That is one super, Borsa Lobbia. I too cannot imagine that one being folded and pressed into a Borsalino tourist box.
    You wear it well, my friend [emoji145]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Randall Renshaw likes this.
  8. Randall Renshaw

Randall Renshaw Practically Family

Thanks, buddy! You’ve made me feel like a brother long before coming to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve1857 likes this.
  9. Blare

Blare Call Me a Cab

Quite a beautiful hat Randall

Best,
    Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve1857 and Randall Renshaw like this.
  10. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Panos: two extremely fine examples of Borsalino quality hats.
    The Gorasgu heather is one of the nicest hats i’ve ever seen. Majestic!!
    B

11. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Lovely Lobbia Randall. Borsalino felt amazes.
    Outstanding!
    B

12. TheOldFashioned

This was up for auction a few weeks back:
    IMG_2077.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teaches-Table-Medal-Table-Trilby-cardboard-Tin-/392578719370 (NOTE: link still active as of this posting)

My Italian is poor (as in non existent), and Google Translate didn't offer much help. Looks to be some collection of commemorative medals. It ended up going for more than I was willing to spend to satisfy a curiosity. Perhaps one of our European brothers could elaborate some more on this unique (?) piece.

(Sorry, Panos, if you won this too.)

13. steur

steur

That's an entrance with guns ablazing, Panos! Two fabulous hats and Borsalino at its finest. Well done.

AbbaDatDeHat, Rmccamey, Blare and 2 others like this.
  14. steur

steur

If you can get hats like this one at an affordable price you can buy them all day long. It's a great hat. No definitieve way of telling if it ever came in a coffin box (those hats do have leather sweats as well). So, as long as we don't see one in it's original box we'll just enjoy this one for the wonderful homburg it is.

15. steur

steur

It's a cool piece. It's a replica of all the medals the company has won over the years for hatmaking. These replicas came in silver (like this one) or in gold.

AbbaDatDeHat, Rmccamey, Blare and 2 others like this.
  16. PanosChris

Not sure if Tapatalk allows for multiple quoting simultaneously so just a reply here.

Steve, Stefan, Bowen (hope not forgetting someone) and all thanks for your compliments and likes, much appreciated. Jonathan no worries about posting the ebay pics, I believe it was well after the auction has ended. Never forgive you for this BORSALINO frame though...just kidding never bidded on it ;)

Best,
    Panos

17. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have one in my office. I bought it some years ago in Germany if I remember well.
    Steve and me saw the original, plus others prizes, in the actual Borsalino headquarter near Alessandria
    Steve posted many pictures of our visit in Borsalino, here on this thread

18. TheOldFashioned

Thank you, Stefan and Daniele.

19. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

Speaking of objects that are part of the history of Borsalino here is a matrix to print the linings or perhaps the sweatbands.
    Purchased in Italy last year, it is made and used before the WWII
    Borsalino stampa.jpg

20. Paul A Lesieur

Paul A Lesieur New in Town

DSC03942.jpg DSC03944.jpg DSC03964.jpg DSC03968.JPG I just found this thread today. I bought my first hat 2 years ago on Ebay for $30.00 or $40.00 with shipping. I knew nothing about fur felt or Borsalino. I liked the way it looked and the price seemed low. I now own 8 hats including a Knox fur/ felt I got yesterday. One thing I learned is don't believe the number on the hat. I have a 7 that fits great and a 7 1/8 that fits great. I'd like another Borsalino with a wider rim so this thread gives me a chance to see how they look. Glad I found it. I'm guessing my hat is 1979 because of the tag. Not sure if its fur or felt but it feels different than my Barbisio which I really like also.