Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Scott, was that one off the 'bay? I saw one that looked like it not long ago, with the blue logo on the liner (or is the blue a camera flash?). Great find!

flute

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Guys. This is almost an exact copy of the first Borso I owned, which I gave to a friend. Very good to finally see another one. almost 6" crown, 2 3/4" brim.

Here's my dog wearing the previous one:

BorsAngie.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Thanks, Guys. This is almost an exact copy of the first Borso I owned, which I gave to a friend. Very good to finally see another one. almost 6" crown, 2 3/4" brim.
G]http://www.belltownvintage.com/hats/BorsAngie.jpg[/IMG]

It may be earlier, but it's a dead-ringer for my OPS tag Savoy - the hat that's been on my head more than any other.
DSC_00172.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
It may be earlier, but it's a dead-ringer for my OPS tag Savoy - the hat that's been on my head more than any other.

It's hard to tell Borsos apart from year to year. I've had three very similar to this one, but this one stands apart structurally: the size tag, taped sweat, reeded sweatband, plus the hat just looks and feels older than any previous ones I've had other than a seriously old Fu Lazarro.

Fluteplayer - yes, recent $62 ebay win.

Off to watch the game - go Butler!

Thanks Hereward and Daizawa! :)

This Borsalino belonged to the sellers late father. She said he was a big fan of the famous singer Richard Tauber who wore a Borsalino. She told me about how her father protected this hat through the whole war time. He was an electrical master who helped restore the electrical infrastructure to Karlsruhe (in the US zone) after the war and worked closely with the US army (developing some close friendships). He came down with severe pneumonia in 1948 but due to lack of antibotics came to untimely end, devistating the family. She said her father would have been very happy that his Borsalino ended up in the USA.

Side Note:

The blocking of this hat is similar to some of my Hückels from the same time period. It makes me think that Borsalino designed hats for paticular regions. In this case Germany - Austria.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mikey P said:
More pics later that hopefully will show the true deep green color, but I love it!

Ah, good old Southern Italian style. That's what I like about Borsalino. I think I have that hat--but it's not green. In the photo it looks brown, the color of the one I have. How can green turn into brown on the Internet?

One Too Many
Belive or not believe

2939089970106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2870835140106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2901848460106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Last days I posted this hat, becouse I always believed wich Borsalino Hats were make only in Italy, but some day walking in Méxcio City, saw this hat in a store, has a high quality, the blue navy color is great an deep, only I changed the leather and put a blue ribbon. It have been washed and never lost color. It is made in Colombia Southamerica and the price is really excellent, about 900 mexican pesos (75.00 u.s. dollars).lol lol lol

danofarlington said:
Ah, good old Southern Italian style. That's what I like about Borsalino. I think I have that hat--but it's not green. In the photo it looks brown, the color of the one I have. How can green turn into brown on the Internet?

Borsalino is in north west Italy and most likely look to Milan for style. As far as I know the Italian hat companies were / are in the northern part of the country (many in the same general area).

danofarlington

mayserwegener said:
Borsalino is in north west Italy and most likely look to Milan for style. As far as I know the Italian hat companies were / are in the northern part of the country (many in the same general area).

Well, then good old Northern Italian style. They probably stole it from the Southern part, the crooks.

danofarlington

150719541 said:
2939089970106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2870835140106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2901848460106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Last days I posted this hat, becouse I always believed wich Borsalino Hats were make only in Italy, but some day walking in Méxcio City, saw this hat in a store, has a high quality, the blue navy color is great an deep, only I changed the leather and put a blue ribbon. It have been washed and never lost color. It is made in Colombia Southamerica and the price is really excellent, about 900 mexican pesos (75.00 u.s. dollars).lol lol lol

Se encuentran mucho uso de sombreros fedora en Mexico? Do a lot of people wear fedoras in Mexico?

One Too Many
Mexican Hats

2743570630106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi Brother ¡¡¡ No, In México most people use "western" and straw hats, little are using Fur Felt or wool in fedora style. There are a few stores who have fedoras, furthermore, I believe wich few folks like me have some hats of different brands. My four Borsas

Borsalino Fan

Familiar Face
Hello:

I'm totally confused. All of my Borsalino's say MADE IN ITALY. by ORIGINAL HOUSE FOUNDED 1857. There were some made in the USA which would say made in USA? Also ..can anyone please explain the hats with the G. BORSALINO FU LAZZARO label? Were they made in Italy? I found one in a second=hand store here in Italy and would like to buy it but I question if the FU LAZZARO is a lower quality? I actually live in Italy and spoke personally with Mrs. Usuelli..the widow of the man of the Borsalino family who sold out to this new crowd.

Thank you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran