Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

T Rick

Practically Family
I posted these pics on another thread but thought one of you might help with an approximate age on this soft beauty. I am sure it does not have signifigant age but the color and feel are just indescibable. This gray/sage colored "Pleuchete", is fast becoming a favorite!
Eric

[/QUOTE

I could not find a tag behind the band anywhere. I did not want to pull any threads loose to look under the liner. Will just have to guess at a time frame.
E.

Wow, that is a great looking hat! Is the picture reversed, or is it currently bashed with the bow on the right?

DocMustang

One of the Regulars
Fathers Day Presents

So my wife and I were out hitting the Antique malls on Highway 98 outside of pensacola and I found these beuties tucked away inside some hat boxes. I managed to STEAL these from the proprietor for $50 for both including the hat boxes.
101_1283.jpg

First the Black Homberg:

101_1285.jpg

101_1290.jpg

101_1293.jpg

Next This one which appears to be a Fedora:
101_1296.jpg

101_1297.jpg

They will both need to be cleaned and aired out (They smell of smoke) but a couple of great finds.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice Borsos guys, Iam new to the fedora lounge and have joined in hopes of finding a replacement for a vintage Borso that I once owned and miss,it was a 1940s era from colpo, venice Italy, Size punti 6 (7 3/8)
Anyone out there looking to sell one from that era please drop me a line.
thanks

rafbarrister

New in Town

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hello! I am Raphael and I am a french law student living in London!
Here is my first Borsalino! I will do more pictures and figure out how i can ulplaod them on the website!
The story how i get it is funny! I will tell you more if you allow me!

I am contemplating buying NOW a San Remo, or Claudio, or Gazella. I will probalby buy too next week a Como or como II. In fact I wanted one with a short brim and another one with a more classical Fedora. I am usually wearing grey, black or dark blue suits.
Thanks for being so passionate!
Borsalino Regards!

Last edited:
Borsalino Colombo

This velour is thick and zesty - somewhat more rugged in style and a little less refined and more casual than the elegant 5X Marque Grand Luxe.

colombo1.jpg

colombo2.jpg

colombo5.jpg

colombo4.jpg

colombo3.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Great hat, Alan. I think that's among the best Borsos I've seen. Versatility galore: jeans & t-shirt or suit & tie. The liner art looks cool, too. What is that, a ship rolling in the high seas? Can't quite see it.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Great hat, Alan. That liner seems to be pretty rare. Mine is not in color. Here are a couple of pictures. I removed the oilskin as it was literally flaking apart when I got it.

32.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

Edit: deleted my underestimation! lol lol lol

Last edited:

bond

Does any one have a borso in size 7 3/8 or punti 6 thats on the casual side for sale???
I would prefer a lighter color and a vintage from the 30-40s. thank you.

danofarlington

Hello Borsalino brotherhood here is a pic. of my long lost 1940s borso that I should have never sold .
IMG_0786.jpg

Nice one. Not to rub it in, but I bought an older Borsalino (60s? 70s?) that looks something like that, 2 3/4 brim, mine's a little darker color, which serves as my go-to hat. It looks better on me than most of my other hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn