Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

View attachment 438569
I attach the photo of the ruthenium as a starting point to deduce the color.
At Borsalino they have certainly made their considerations on the type of gray to use. In the photos you have attached it is a warm gray, but having in the collection Borsalino colored in "Rutenio" I will go and see them to understand. Maybe a photo of your hat outside the house would help

First thing that popped into my head ...

1657919766506.png

Sorry Daniele. :rolleyes:

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Rutenio seems to have a varied colored pattern. This one is more of a golden champagne color. ;)
Here it is in direct sunlight against a red brick background.
Rutenio seems to have a varied colored pattern. This one is more of a golden champagne color. ;)
Here is the same hat in direct sunlight against red brick, black mulch, and grey statues. Still looks like champagne gold to my eyes. ;)
20220716_110348.jpg
20220716_110501.jpg

Who?

Practically Family
Here it is in direct sunlight against a red brick background.

Here is the same hat in direct sunlight against red brick, black mulch, and grey statues. Still looks like champagne gold to my eyes. ;) View attachment 438655 View attachment 438656
I see a totally different color balance between the two shots on my iPad. When I bisect the screen with the boundary between the two photos, the hat is two entirely different colors in the two images. (as is the little statue)

Last edited:

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I see a totally different color balance between the two shots on my iPad. When I bisect the screen with the boundry between the two photos, the hat is two entirely different colors in the two images.
Guess it's just a magical hat. ;) In person, my wife and I both see it as golden champagne color with no signs of gray. Quite unique.

I don’t wear caps often and I’ve never considered buying a leather cap, but I found this used at a price I couldn’t pass up. Very thin and supple leather. Still not sure that I’ll wear it, but it fits great.

View attachment 439966 View attachment 439967 View attachment 439968 View attachment 439969 View attachment 439970 View attachment 439971 View attachment 439972 View attachment 439973 View attachment 439974 View attachment 439975
Now there's something we haven't seen before. We know of borsalino's caps, but this is the first one in leather. I think you wear that well, Brent.

Borsalino Misto Maroso fedora. Size 59 with the raw edge brim at 5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. This is so bad it's good. I knew I wasn't buying a new hat by any standard (that's why I bought it), but this has been around the block and then some. I wouldn't say this hat was dirty; it was downright filthy! Must have belonged to a stoker or a chimney sweep as a working hat because you could practically scoop the dirt off. The label was in pieces and what was left of it was spread out behind the sweatband. The ribbon is beyond saving, it's not my style and not my size. And yet I still like it!

borsalino misto maroso59_01.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_02.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_03.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_04.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_05.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_06.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_08.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_09.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_10.jpg
borsalino misto maroso59_11.jpg

From the pieces of the label the colour Misto Maroso could still be reconstructed. The model name was missing completely. The separate size label places it somewhere in the mid to late thirties. I've already given it a naptha bat and steamed it. The felt is great, but it seems unwilling to change its ways much now.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Misto Maroso fedora. Size 59 with the raw edge brim at 5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. This is so bad it's good. I knew I wasn't buying a new hat by any standard (that's why I bought it), but this has been around the block and then some. I wouldn't say this hat was dirty; it was downright filthy! Must have belonged to a stoker or a chimney sweep as a working hat because you could practically scoop the dirt off. The label was in pieces and what was left of it was spread out behind the sweatband. The ribbon is beyond saving, it's not my style and not my size. And yet I still like it!

View attachment 440208 View attachment 440209 View attachment 440210 View attachment 440211 View attachment 440212 View attachment 440213 View attachment 440214 View attachment 440215 View attachment 440216 View attachment 440217

From the pieces of the label the colour Misto Maroso could still be reconstructed. The model name was missing completely. The separate size label places it somewhere in the mid to late thirties. I've already given it a naptha bat and steamed it. The felt is great, but it seems unwilling to change its ways much now.
What a great find, Stefan. Despite all its defects, it had to be bought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ