Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

One Drop

One of the Regulars
My very limited experience with my 2 Alessandrias, both probably from the 60s, is that they both for true to size. Due the flexible nature of both hats they both instantly adjusted to my long oval head.

Another point that is often neglected here is with softer hats like these, and vintage Stetsons that are not heavily stiffened, the shape of the crease can change the fit by well over a half size. some shapes giving extra room, none making them smaller than the label size.

mojoboy31

New in Town
Interesting. I might have to attempt trying some on at a hat store someday, but none are near me, and it makes it tough.

So if you wear a 60cm/ a 7 ¹/² in most brands. What size Borsalino would you recommend? Should you go 61 or 62? What's yalls opinion?

Borsalino sizing can be all over the place. On the newer hats (1980s to current) I prefer going up 1-2 sizes. On older hats I think. They are usually closer to true to size, but not always. I’ve never found one that fits on the large side.

This hat has some frequent flyer miles. 5 ½” open crown and 2 ½” raw edge brim.

IMG_2822.jpeg
IMG_2823.jpeg
IMG_2824.jpeg
IMG_2831.jpeg
IMG_2817.jpeg
IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2821.jpeg
IMG_2820.jpeg
IMG_2834.jpeg
IMG_2814.jpeg

Borsalino export qualität (German market) in a pearl grey colour called Vaiato, which is one we have not seen before. A hat in a camber style, unusual for Borsalino but popular in both Germany and France for a while. Lovely hand to the felt. Not as old as I had expected, but what does it matter if it's this nice?

borsalino vaiato_01.jpg

borsalino vaiato_02.jpg

borsalino vaiato_03.jpg

borsalino vaiato_04.jpg

borsalino vaiato_05.jpg

borsalino vaiato_06.jpg

borsalino vaiato_07.jpg

borsalino vaiato_08.jpg

borsalino vaiato_09.jpg

borsalino vaiato_11.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino export qualität (German market) in a pearl grey colour called Vaiato, which is one we have not seen before. A hat in a camber style, unusual for Borsalino but popular in both Germany and France for a while. Lovely hand to the felt. Not as old as I had expected, but what does it matter if it's this nice?
A real unusual Borsalino in color and shape, but we know they are champions in this way of made hats.
I like it very much :)

the_imperialist

One of the Regulars

borsalino vaiato_01.jpg

borsalino vaiato_02.jpg

borsalino vaiato_03.jpg

borsalino vaiato_04.jpg

borsalino vaiato_05.jpg

borsalino vaiato_06.jpg

borsalino vaiato_07.jpg

borsalino vaiato_08.jpg

borsalino vaiato_09.jpg

borsalino vaiato_11.jpg

Wow, that's a very striking hat. I enjoy seeing less 'conventional' styling and your's tick all of my boxes. Plus a great restoration compared to the seller's pictures!

Beren

New in Town
I purchased this vintage Borsalino a couple of weeks ago. I do not know its age. All I can tell you is that the felt is exceptionally soft and supple. The color is grey (I think) with a hint of sage green. It does not have a liner.

If anyone can tell me anything about it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0597.jpeg
    IMG_0597.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0600.jpeg
    IMG_0600.jpeg