Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bowler or Derby Hat

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
Here are a few photos of a Lock bowler that arrived yesterday. From the 1980s, I believe. It included a perfectly preserved Lock co advertising pamphlet that looks either late 80s or early 90s. I'll ask Lock if they can date it. Stapled to the pamphlet is a business card belonging to the employee that originally sold it. Will post pictures later, after i've gone back to the old place to get it.

img_0844.jpg

img_0845.jpg

Last edited:

davidraphael

Practically Family
Here's a little bowler/melone I just picked up in a thrift store for 1 euro. It doesn't fit, but it was in such great condition with a nice logo inside.
I've no idea of the age but I'm guessing 30s, based on the logo design. I could be wrong.

img7006xxxx.jpg

img7011xxxx.jpg

img7009xxx.jpg

img7014xxxx.jpg

davidraphael

Practically Family
Looks like a 6, but I think it must be a 5, and even then it must be a very small 5. I'm guessing more like 4-4.5. I'm a 58 and it sits on top of my head like a tiny, weird black mushroom.

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Eventually a bowler was added to my wardrobe, when I bought it it had a whole page from an old Swedish newspaper from June 1939 inside the sweatband. Nothing too interesting news though.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Very Nice! Is it a Swedish maker? Would it be possible post some photos of the sweat and inside crown?

Well why of course! Here you go :) . Doesn't seem to be any Swedish hat maker and googling didn't help me either. I don't know what that green stuff is, hopefully not moth... I noticed it first now thanks to the flash.

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Thank you for posting the additional photos! The "S.F." on the paper label could be the maker but no country of orgin. The green and white marks look like a chalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart