Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bridges at Toko Ri

Dracorex

Familiar Face
7 year resurrection. A record! lol
I've had this thread bookmarked now for a couple of years. The last time I was here, which was probably a month ago, the pictures were still here. I'm curious as to who removed them. Would it have been Chamorro or do the pictures only stay on the site for a certain period of time?

I've had this thread bookmarked now for a couple of years. The last time I was here, which was probably a month ago, the pictures were still here. I'm curious as to who removed them. Would it have been Chamorro or do the pictures only stay on the site for a certain period of time?
7 years. Anything could have happened. Not the least of which he/she closed a photo hosting account or it was closed due to inactivity. Or, they just got a life and don't waste all day here like some of us... lolEither way, they're gone.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The Toko-Ri jacket is unfortunately not in the Gibson Barnes catalogue anymore. Too bad. What a nice jacket configuration. And what a great movie, and book.

Dracorex

Familiar Face
The Toko-Ri jacket is unfortunately not in the Gibson Barnes catalogue anymore. Too bad. What a nice jacket configuration. And what a great movie, and book.
You're right that the jacket is not in their catalogue or on their website anymore but they do still make the jacket. I asked them about it last month and they will still make the jacket for people that want one.

c47380f89936d84b61b7eaf6261b5cb3.jpg

bee9e10048678a2c6e64dae385f261a9.jpg

Another version of the "Toko-Ri" jacket.

thor

One Too Many
The GW jacket looks like a dead-ringer for the one in "Toko-ri" (minus the name tag)....but I don't think John could pass for William Holden

Last edited:

HPA Rep

Vendor
I never knew till I saw this film that some officers wore olive slacks, rather than khaki chinos? Gots to get me a pair. Though maybe I'll wear them with something more subtle than a chino shirt?

There once was an air green shirt, at least during WWII (much as there was a camouflage gray shirt to match that uniform), but these were rarely worn - good luck finding one.

Tommy-VF51

A-List Customer
I'll stick to the green slacks, I'm not a renactor, just a aviation nerd. Slacks should be easy enough?

Tommy-VF51

A-List Customer
The GW jacket looks like a dead-ringer for the one in "Toko-ri" (minus the name tag)....but I don't think John could pass for William Holden

Maybe Charlie McGraw, if McGraw had a very accomplished wig make we don't know about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21