Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the Brooch and the Pin

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my entire collection...I had more but never wore them. The rose and the circle of rhinestones belonged to my paternal and maternal grandmothers. I have matching pieces to the circle and the one just to its left.

IMG_0782.JPG

Sadly the paint has been flaking off my cherry piece. :(

Heather

Practically Family
any of them signed? 3 of them really catch my eye! ;) Too bad about the cherries. :( I've been on the look out for some myself. Having a hard time finding ones with rhinestones though.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Heather said:
any of them signed? 3 of them really catch my eye! ;) Too bad about the cherries. :( I've been on the look out for some myself. Having a hard time finding ones with rhinestones though.

I've never seen a vintage cherry brooch that looks similar to the above with rhinestones...EVER! And I've looked quite a lot! Weiss does have a rhinestone cherry brooch though. Have you come across it?
1c8e_1.JPG

They also have raspberry/strawberry ones:
weiss61973_153_150_80.jpg

The only one of mine pictured above that is signed is by Vendome, it's the one with AB, pink, and green. I have the matching earrings and necklace. Actually, the rose is signed too but it's illegible.

Heather

Practically Family
No, I've never seen that Weiss cherry! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. I have seen the strawberry set. Wonder if thats as close as I'm gonna get.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Here's a new brooch I won on Ebay. It's from the Chicago World's Fair in 1934. All the men in my reenacting group wear the tie bars from the fair, so I thought I needed something too.

6c3e_12.jpg

TessTrueheart

I would like to add an italian micro mosaic brooch to my collection of brooches, but I can't seem to find much information about them. I see them listed as everything from Victorian to 80s, can anyone tell me how to date them?

il_430xN74655205.jpg

TessTrueheart

I would like to add an italian micro mosaic brooch to my collection of brooches, but I can't seem to find much information about them. I see them listed as everything from Victorian to 80s, can anyone tell me how to date them?

il_430xN74655205.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
This is definitely an accessory I can get behind, unfortunately I don't have any yet! I went to an antique fair today and spent the few dollars I brought on a dress and some hats, but I dreamed about two little brooches I found.. one was a closed umbrella, with pastel flowers and crystals, and the other was similar to a sweater chain.. on one end was a barking dog, and a cat (ready to attack!) was on the other.

Elaina

One Too Many
I always love seeing all of yours, but it's not something I can get behind, although I do own one from the 20s that was given to me.

Most of them look really awful to my eye, so I never get them. Maybe I need to just clean them then decide.

ETA: I mean the ones I find, not the ones that are shown. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner