Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carouselvic said:
I wanted to send this to jimmy the lid to shape the crown and brim. I have heckled him so much I just did not think I could trust him to return the hat to me. So this is just my feeble attempt.;) :)

nice stetson any chance you can post some high resolution pictures?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Those thumbnail pictures will give what you want. Just click on them you will get a much larger photo. Then click on the that photo and that gives you a new window again. Clicking on it again that will give you much more than a screen full. If you have trouble let me know and I will PM some mega photos.

PS love those thin ribbons

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Not bad -- but it could use some work. Send it on along to me -- I'll be happy to help...:rolleyes: ;)

Cheers,
JtL

I'm a little bit leery of you city slickers. I've been told by the big boys how you guys will give us country bumpkins the business.;)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
I wanted to send this to jimmy the lid to shape the crown and brim. I have heckled him so much I just did not think I could trust him to return the hat to me.

That's funny.

You should send it to him. I got to watch Jimmy in action using Major Moore's portable steamer in Tennessee earlier this month. He tweaked a couple of fellas hats to perfection. The guy's an artist. As I recall, however, he was sorely outnumbered by Southerners in that crowd so I guess he had to behave himself!

:D

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Here's my brown,Royal Deluxe open road.My third and best OR in two weeks.

P1030988.jpg
[/IMG]

portolan

A-List Customer
I just got a really great Sunbody Fine Weave Fedora

with a big brim. It has a very nice thin ribbon and edging to match. What a terrific hat. Thanks RBH for turning us on to these. Pics tomorrow! I also got word today that my taupe fawn Campdraft was shipped from Australia. I have no idea what color taupe fawn is, but it sounds great. I think that has a thin ribbon as well, right? Maybe with these two, you all will let me join the brotherhood!

portolan

A-List Customer
Hey Preacherman....

I just read your post indicating you had the exact same hat and color ordered from Hatsdirect as me. Did you get a shipment notice? Maybe we can make this the official hat of the Ordained Fedora Lounge Ministerium. I can't wait to see pics...

RBH

Bartender
portolan said:
with a big brim. It has a very nice thin ribbon and edging to match. What a terrific hat. Thanks RBH for turning us on to these. Pics tomorrow! I also got word today that my taupe fawn Campdraft was shipped from Australia. I have no idea what color taupe fawn is, but it sounds great. I think that has a thin ribbon as well, right? Maybe with these two, you all will let me join the brotherhood!
Thanks so much Phil!

The SunBodys are great straws! Hope you enjoy yours!

As for the Tawny Campdraft, I think you noticed mine at MontEagle. Its a great hat that will wear with just about anything!
Look forward to your photos!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
portolan said:

Phil, my taupe fawn is my favorite of the two Campdrafts I have now. It's kind of a medium brown color. You'll like it.

I like the Campdrafts so well, I ordered to mid brown and the mid gray so I'll have four of them in the end. I wear my Campdrafts a lot.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
New Adam Royal from Johnnyphi

My first thin ribbon...for your consideration and admission to the club (what's the password?).

P1010021_2.jpg

P1010001_2.jpg

I've also posted it in the new hats thread, should you want to see the bash.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
About time I joined the Brotherhood!

I mean, it's not like I don't have a bunch of thin ribbons around. Apparently I just haven't gotten around to photographing them. So, I'll cheat and start with one I've posted photos of as recently as today, my Mallory Pliafelt Stratoliner clone in a rich, dark brown:

MalloryPliafeltStratolinerclone.jpg

MalloryPliafeltStratolinerclone5.jpg

MalloryPliafeltStratolinerclone6.jpg

MalloryPliafeltStratolinerclone7.jpg

MalloryPliafeltStratolinerclone8.jpg

I'll post more as I rediscover them in their boxes! :D

Cheers,
Tom

carter

I'll Lock Up
Tom, I can identify with the What's-In-The-Boxes issue. I was looking through a bunch of boxes today and found a Champ Circle C Brand Western and a Dobbs West that I haven't thought about in over a year. Now I gotta wear 'em and take some pictures for IC before I shave the brush off.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Gentlemen!

Handlebar Bart, it has been quite a while since I posted a photo of that hat; probably over a year and it likely was in the hat of the day thread. It's a Stetson Weekender. I'm going out of town this morning for a company all-associates meeting in Owensboro, KY but I'll try to take a few shots of it and post it over the weekend.

Colby Jack, the pin is Snoopy in leather helmet, scarf, and goggles going after the Red Baron. There's a couple more shots of it in the Hat Pins thread.

Indycop, that Godzilla (it's a bank) was a present from my Godson. :D

Carter, I started going through some boxes and stacks of hats last weekend and I came across some hats I don't even remember buying! :eek: I'm trying to start labeling boxes and sorting the hats out between what is wearable, what needs work (cleaning, stretching) and what needs to go. One group that I want to photograph and post are three (so far) Whippets with three different brim treatments! It's kind of an adventure.

Cheers,
Tom

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Tango Yankee said:
So, I'll cheat and start with one I've posted photos of as recently as today, my Mallory Pliafelt Stratoliner clone in a rich, dark brown:

MalloryPliafeltStratolinerclone.jpg

Wow, if my Lefty purchased Stratoliner in a similar sort of colour looks even half as good on me as it does on you I'll be very very happy. I'm not into 'forgotten what hats I've got' territory yet, no doubt only a matter of time lol

Disturbingly I'm beginning to find the thin ribbon hats more appealing to me... someone help, please...! Because they all seem to be more expensive...

N. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24