Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
another tidbit to show Mrs. Dean when she complains about all the hats. Thanks, Tom! :D

You're welcome, GTD! I'll even snap a few photos of the stacks for you and post them this weekend if you like! :D

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
PistolPete1969 said:
Hello-

I hereby respectfully submit my application is your most noble brotherhood. My entry is a Resistol OR clone that was redone by Gus Miller @ Batsakes for me. It currently has a fedora crease and is my new favorite hat. Thanks

Pete

Very nice, Pete!

I've got a couple of Gus Miller hats and a Panama Bob straw hat that Gus blocked. I like 'em!

Which area of the wilds of Southern Ohio do you hail from?

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Tom, what is the story on the gem with the purple ribbon, I haven't seen that one posted yet. I woulda remembered

HB,

Your post inspired me to take that hat with me on my trip! :eusa_clap In fact, although I rarely do so, I selected my clothes for tomorrow with that hat in mind to include a lavendar shirt and a grey tie with lavender accents, with a grey sport coat. Unfortunately, once I got here and stopped in at our headquarters I was handed a t-shirt to wear to the All-Associates meeting!:eusa_doh:

Ah, well... at least I can still wear the hat!:D

Cheers,
Tom

Dundee

A-List Customer
Silverbelly Camp Draft

I have not been on this forum long, but I am truely enjoying all the hats. This is one of my Thin Ribbons.

DCP_3192.jpg

Dundee

A-List Customer
carouselvic said:
I wanted to send this to jimmy the lid to shape the crown and brim. I have heckled him so much I just did not think I could trust him to return the hat to me. So this is just my feeble attempt.;) :)

I just purchased a Resistol 3X western on ebay and hope to do the same as you. I just hope mine turns out a nicely as yours did.

RBH

Bartender
kiltie said:
RBH graciously extended compliments to my Camp Draft earlier, as well as some of my other thin ribbons, so I thought I'd put them all in here in a self indulgent sort of way......

So, thanks again RBH for the praise earlier.
Your very welcome! You have some great looking hats!

Dundee said:
I have not been on this forum long, but I am truely enjoying all the hats. This is one of my Thin Ribbons.

DCP_3192.jpg
Looks great Dundee!

kiltie

Practically Family
carter said:
Kiltie, I can't see the problem with the block on this OR. Nice hat.

Thanks carter.
I spent a good little while fiddling with that hat before the picture. More than I should have to. Plus, I tried to angle it for the most flattering picture to reflect its' potential. It has a good deal of taper that just won't crease out, and it's not that that weighs especially heavy on my mind, but I was hoping to get away from the five point/diamond, etc...on this one and just give it a nice center dent. That won't play out so well with the current shape. I put a "C" into it for the picture ( and not to toot my own horn, but I did a decent job ), but had to wrestle a little bit with what'd been in there before. Aaaaaand... I'd like to have the brim re-flanged ( ??? ) as it's got a LOT of flip right now. Other than that, it's a really good body. Heavy 4x with the usual "blech" associated with silver belly.

Justdog

Practically Family
jazzncocktails said:
My first thin ribbon...for your consideration and admission to the club (what's the password?).

P1010001_2.jpg

I've also posted it in the new hats thread, should you want to see the bash.

Great photo the whole ensemble looks marvelous:eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thin Ribbon Resistol 2-1/4" Brim

DCP_2177.JPG

DCP_2178.JPG

Here's another Resistol, closer to a Stratoliner I suppose but an unusually small brim for its crown size. 2-1/4 " wide brim and crown a little over 5" high. No model name, reminds me of an early 1960's Sheriff.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Love those Resistols

rlk, That Resistol is an interesting hat. Can you post some more pictures taken just a bit farther away so we can see the entire hat from the front and sides as well as all the information on the sweatband?

Kiltie, I know what you're talking about with those old OR's. It is very difficult to change the factory crease. Even when successful, there always seems to be some "memory" left in the felt. The most success can be had by sending the hat to a pro to reblock as we've seen in a few cases here on the FL.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Resistol 2-1/4" Brim Narrow Ribbon

carter said:
rlk, That Resistol is an interesting hat. Can you post some more pictures taken just a bit farther away so we can see the entire hat from the front and sides as well as all the information on the sweatband?
Hi,
Sweatband only has XXXXXBeaver and Resistol Self-Conforming
I just left it at Optimo this afternoon, but here's the original ebay listing(As you can see its certainly not beige):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...name=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=&salenotsupported

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Resistol 2-1/4" Brim Narrow Ribbon

carter said:
Fresh from the cleaners
3355086616_4f2e8b6071_b.jpg

3355087062_c59c4702f4_b.jpg
[/IMG]
3354265457_c85e2a8eb8_b.jpg

3354265885_b54f3eac86_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot