Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Hurray!!:eusa_clap I will soon be part of the Brotherhood. I just won a Borsalino Alesandria in amazing condition for $54.00 Buy It Now and $5.00 shipping. It's said to be "around 21 inches" or so and I normally wear a size 7 (22"), but It should be fine. For that money, I'll make it fit.

Pics to come once received.

Stan

A-List Customer
Way too quiet around here lately.

Hi,

I'll boost it some, having *finally* managed to get some online photo storage space. Oh, it wasn't that I didn't have the rest of it - cameras, lenses, lights, etc. I just had nothing online to share pix with anyone. I tend to shoot with the idea of producing fairly large prints....

Anyway, to start off, here's my most worn thin ribbon, a custom made one:

SBHCThinRibbonBrown.jpg

I wear this one with an A2 flight jacket most of the time.

later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Another custom-made one, this time a VS from Art:

VSOR.jpg

I have several tan jackets and windbreakers, including a twill version of an A2, so this is the hat I usually wear with those.

later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

How about a Resistol San Antonio in a very nice bluish-grey shade of silverbelly?

ResistolSanAntonioSilverbelly.jpg

I wear this one only about 1/10 as often as either of the first two. Note the cute 'LBJ' hatpin this one sports.

later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

As long as we're talking Resistol, this one is a Saddler in a tan shade of silverbelly. It's almost the same as the San Antonio, but it sports a slightly higher crown and the felt is a lot stiffer. Plus, this one looks decidely blocked whilst the San Antonio looks more hand-creased.

ResistolSaddlerSilverbell.jpg

later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Now here's a off-brand. A Tanbark. I never saw this brand before or after this one showed up on eBay. It originally sported a cattleman's crease, but I changed it using steam, so you can see where I did so.

TanbarkThinRibbonSilverbelly.jpg

I wear this one a lot as a summer felt, when the grey shade of silverbelly goes well with just about any shirt I might be wearing.

later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

How about an Adam version? This was one of the Johnnyphi find and was NOS open crown when I got it.

AdamThinRibbonSilverbelly.jpg

I don't wear this one much. I save it for a 'dress up' hat. I know. That's odd. I have two custom-made hats that I wear daily instead of saving as my best hats. :p

I also tend to save that Resistol San Antonio for 'dress up' as well.

later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Did I say 'summer'? Well, we need a thin ribbon for summer, don't we? Here's a Stetson Panama which does not claim to be an Open Road, although it surely looks like it's one!

StetsonPanamaOpenRoad.jpg

I have a few more, but these ought to get the thread restarted. Note how I posted them one at a time, so y'all can pick which ones to chat about! lol

later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Michaelshane said:
Some thin's.......A trio of 100s.

R0015400_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi,

No wonder why I had to give up on a 7x OR and have a custom clone made by Art. They're all gathered in one place!

Still, someday I'll get one. I'd love to find out for myself just what the Stetson 7x felt is like, and the only way to do so is to have one in my own hands for a while.

I can't imagine having *three* and as the fancy 100 version to boot!

later!

Stan

RBH

Bartender
Stan said:
Hi,

I'll boost it some, having *finally* managed to get some online photo storage space. Oh, it wasn't that I didn't have the rest of it - cameras, lenses, lights, etc. I just had nothing online to share pix with anyone. I tend to shoot with the idea of producing fairly large prints....

Anyway, to start off, here's my most worn thin ribbon, a custom made one:

SBHCThinRibbonBrown.jpg

I wear this one with an A2 flight jacket most of the time.

later!

Stan

:eusa_clap I like it!!!:eusa_clap

Stan

A-List Customer
deenis said:
Stan, your Stetson Panama is very nice. The blue ribbon goes well with the rest of the hat. Thanks for sharing.

Hi,

Actually, the Panama's ribbon is black. That's due to the variations in computer displays, graphics cards, color spaces and the like.

I agree that blue goes well with Panama's, though. I have a couple other Panama hats here that will be getting a ribbon change-out from black to a couple different shades of blue when the weather for Panama wearing comes around.

This one will stay original, though.

Later!

Stan

Tim in Ohio

Familiar Face
Petitioning for membership

Petitioning for membership into the Brotherhood of the thin ribbon on the basis of my new Mallory Dalls, a SWEET hand-me-down from RBH!

DSC01577.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The board has voted, and I'm pleased to inform both of you...

bolthead said:
Probably the only real thin ribbon I own, it's new to me. I guess I'm not in the brotherhood though. :D

Tim in Ohio said:
Ok... so you'll think it over and get back to me then?

approved-stamp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24