Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Classic Club Collar Shirts

Bumeo

New in Town
I REALLY like the look of the club collar shirt ... If I could find them I could shnaz them up nice..but sadly..the ones I do find are RIDICULOUSLY priced.. any ideas..I like both pinned and without.

Bumeo

New in Town
price

Thanks!..and my price is under $50 ...maybe I'm just cheap..I saw some over $200..I almost wet myself:eeek:

billyspew

One Too Many
Savile Row Co in the UK does them for $55 and they deliver internationally.
276wht_a_p.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
yes. the more expensive ones would be brooks brothers and ralph lauren. you couldlook at ebay for them. the savile row co shirts are down to £17.50

Bumeo

New in Town
poor lol

thats still a little too expensive..I understand it is of good quality..maybe I'm just tooo poor to be that cool lol..my only hope is to find it at a thrift store..

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
If you have a local shirtmaker they could switch out the collar of one of your existing shirts for maybe $20 or so.. Just a thought.....

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you have a local shirtmaker they could switch out the collar of one of your existing shirts for maybe $20 or so.. Just a thought.....

But if you invest in a shirt, and then have to spend another $20 to have a non-matching (because finding the same fabric's going to be virtually impossible) collar put on - what's the point? You can buy the "real thing" for far less. At current exchange rates, a £17.50 is around $29.25. That's the same or less than a good quallity dress shirt. And as you've discovered, club collars are hard to find in the US.

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
I have some Savile Row Company shirts amongst my daily work shirts, including 3 rounded collar ones. They wear well, no fraying etc. (Just a shame they no longer make the cream coloured ones) Don't think you'll find them for much less than they charge.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Look, I was just throwing out an option. Take an old or thrifted shirt and have the collar switched out......... I'm sorry that I even bothered.:rolleyes:

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
oh well..maybe I'll fork out..30 is not bad..but 55 hurts a smidge
<br />
<br />
If you do go with Savile Row Co, you can save a few quid by signing up for their e-mail newsletter. They have plenty of offers. For example, I had an email a couple of days ago with a coupon code for an extra 20% off (now expired, otherwise I'd pass it on)

Failing that you could go with Tomasso's suggestion of getting a shirt from a 2nd hand shop and learning to sew well enough to construct your own collar. That's the only way you're going to get a rock-bottom price on an unusual style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner