Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The classic Cowboy hat?

Yahoody

One Too Many
86F and humid today. Perfect weather for a straw.
IMG_1027 (3).JPG

Darrell2688

A-List Customer
Well, I am a bit surprised to find photos of leather work on the forum and some of the photos posted, and since I work a little bit in leather, I thought that I would post some of my work. All of my stitching is done by hand, I use the saddle stitch. I have 3 belts and holsters that I have done, one id a rough out with the gun slinger stitch work, I recently replaced the belt buckle on the belt and made a new holster to go with it, I wasn't fond of the way the first holster turned out. I have some updated photos for it. The belt with the formed leather pouch, has 3 different holsters, 2 holsters are for black powder 44, one holster being a cross draw, one holster for a Ruger 45 with a 5.5" barrel, the pouch holds 50 rounds of 45LC. The third belt has the 45 cartridge loops. The two images at the bottom are of the rough out version after I made some changes, new belt buckle and holster. I made one other wester style gun belt and holster for someone that requested a tailor-made rig for black powder, the bely=t was 3.5" wide with a 1.5" drop loop, 5" wide at the drop loop, ammo pouch and a Crossdraw holster. I make my own hats; haven't made any hats for anyone else.

0530211446a.jpg
SDC10485a.JPG
SDC10486a.JPG
I haven't made hats for anyone else.
0530211446.jpg

Monte

A-List Customer
Looks like you got the hang of it! Very neat. Im from ranch people but missed out on the using saddles part. Bareback mostly for me. I have much love for anything western: boots, hats, clothes, artwork, and natural materials like leather, felt, wool, and cotton. Anyways, I'm tired and rambling but I like the craftsmanship you depict in your pics.

Darrell2688

A-List Customer
Looks like you got the hang of it! Very neat. Im from ranch people but missed out on the using saddles part. Bareback mostly for me. I have much love for anything western: boots, hats, clothes, artwork, and natural materials like leather, felt, wool, and cotton. Anyways, I'm tired and rambling but I like the craftsmanship you depict in your pics.

Thank you, Monte,
I didn't like the holster with the center gun belt with the ammo pouch, so I made three new holsters, all holsters are lined with soft leather. I guess that I should upload some up-to-date photos of the center belt. My holsters are loose fit allowing for smooth fast action. I do all of my sewing by hand, saddle stitch.

Thank you for your kind words,
Darrell

Darrell2688

A-List Customer
This is the updated holsters for the belt with the ammo pouch, all holsters are lined
so, nothing rough against the finish of the revolvers. The two holsters in the middle
are for black powder 44.s. All of my belts are made to fit anyone that has a size 36"
waistline in jeans.

SDC10513.JPG
SDC10514.JPG
SDC10515.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21