Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Deck Jacket thread.

Klaatu

New in Town
My father's WWII original and this image brought me to this thread. Found the ones worth buying though aren't cheap.
US Navy N1 Deck Jacket_result.jpg

Klaatu

New in Town
I’ve just purchased this vintage N1 Deck jacket from the states dated from 40’s, it’s just arrived today. The fit is great! I’m very happy with it, I’ve been on the lookout for one for a while.

Looks vintage. Been looking myself mostly on eBay and Etsy for one of those but found prices beyond reasonable. Bronson replica will probably be good enough.

Cornelius

Practically Family
Just to complicate the Repro Brand Circus further: Does anyone here have experience with Steve McColgan's repro? a.k.a. SM Wholesale.

In blue or khaki.

My personal requirements include actually working in this outside in sometimes brutally cold Chicago weather, but still wanting the jacket to fit my frame well (40L coat; 6'1.5", 185 lbs. [187cm, 84kg]).

I generally prefer 100% natural fibers not necessarily out of historical accuracy but because I don't sweat as much working in them (a problem with my 12-year-old Carhartt Duck Detroit Jacket which I otherwise love).

Last edited:

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
Took advantage of Self Edges’ BF sale to pick up the olive Iron Heart N1. Looking at the measurements I was torn between L and XL but I went with the larger size for layering (not that I’ll need it). I also considered Dehen’s fully mouton lined version but it’s $400 more and seems ultra lux for a deck jacket. If I fall in love with this style maybe I’ll get the Dehen in navy.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Took advantage of Self Edges’ BF sale to pick up the olive Iron Heart N1. Looking at the measurements I was torn between L and XL but I went with the larger size for layering (not that I’ll need it). I also considered Dehen’s fully mouton lined version but it’s $400 more and seems ultra lux for a deck jacket. If I fall in love with this style maybe I’ll get the Dehen in navy.
I think you are going to be very happy with that olive N1 from IH!
I have seen that jacket in person and tried it on. To my mind it is the perfect shade of olive and it will go with almost anything else you are wearing.
I have also looked at the Dehen N1’s but for the moment I am more than happy with my two from IH.

Pandemic

One Too Many
Just to complicate the Repro Brand Circus further: Does anyone here have experience with Steve McColgan's repro? a.k.a. SM Wholesale.

In blue or khaki.

My personal requirements include actually working in this outside in sometimes brutally cold Chicago weather, but still wanting the jacket to fit my frame well (40L coat; 6'1.5", 185 lbs. [187cm, 84kg]).

I generally prefer 100% natural fibers not necessarily out of historical accuracy but because I don't sweat as much working in them (a problem with my 12-year-old Carhartt Duck Detroit Jacket which I otherwise love).

Wow. That looks really nice!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
The dehen is wiwt only for the added warmth. I have the IH and it’s a great jacket.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Got this A-2 recently. Centre manufacturing, not the earlier Bedford cord style so maybe from later 60s or 70s. Really good condition, pleasantly surprised by the knits which weren’t clearly pictured.

Nice cut for moving about and layering but still comfortable on an active chilly morning with just t shirt.

22741350-9C3C-4918-B435-894CE34AF532.jpeg
E9757714-E0A0-435F-B9D6-476841E80CA0.jpeg

Mrfrown

One Too Many
@Cornelius those jackets (and generally all the stuff at SM Wholesale) looks great. Like a good functional repro but not as high cost as Buzz Rickson or Real McCoy

Pandemic

One Too Many
Got this A-2 recently. Centre manufacturing, not the earlier Bedford cord style so maybe from later 60s or 70s. Really good condition, pleasantly surprised by the knits which weren’t clearly pictured.

Nice cut for moving about and layering but still comfortable on an active chilly morning with just t shirt.

View attachment 383275 View attachment 383276

That looks really good on you. Well done!

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
I think you are going to be very happy with that olive N1 from IH!
I have seen that jacket in person and tried it on. To my mind it is the perfect shade of olive and it will go with almost anything else you are wearing.
I have also looked at the Dehen N1’s but for the moment I am more than happy with my two from IH.

Good to know! IH only produces hits but that Dehen is a heavy hitter. I think they're both fantastic.

The dehen is wiwt only for the added warmth. I have the IH and it’s a great jacket.

Do you have a preference? Can't go wrong with either but just from looking at photos online it seems like the IH silhouette is slightly more modern than the Dehen, but photos can be deceiving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ