Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Decline of the Well Put Together Lady

renaissancemedici

One of the Regulars
I can't say that women go out in pj here. But during the summer you get to see girls and women wearing barely anything. There is also a "trend", mainly among tourists, to wear bickinis off the beach, and walk around them in cities, sit in cofee houses and restaurants in them etc. Horrible. Like wearing your underwear out in public. Pyjamas would be a blessing. I'm am not a conservative woman, quite the contrary, it's just that some things are bad taste. Like a very drunk woman. Barf.

On the other end of course, is the other kind of not well put together lady. No haircut, no body shape, very large shapeless clothes, a hairy upper lip and eyebrows larger than a man's.

The middle way is always the best.

Last edited:

lareine

A-List Customer
I can't say that women go out in pj here. But during the summer you get to see girls and women wearing barely anything. There is also a "trend", mainly among tourists, to wear bickinis off the beach, and walk around them in cities, sit in cofee houses and restaurants in them etc. Horrible. Like wearing your underwear out in public.
They would benefit from watching this! :D
Togs or Undies? Trumpet Ice-cream commercial

Drappa

One Too Many
But seriously, it must be a regional thing. I've never, ever seen anyone wearing pj's outside of their homes in Sweden.

I think it is, and so far I have only seen this in Canada and the UK. In Germany nobody goes out in their pjs either, but in the UK I see people doing this at least once a week. My favourite pet peeve here has to be men in the summer going topless in the middle of town, down streets, etc. Even if it is only 15 degrees C they start taking their tops off when the first sun ray hits, and it is vile. This I have never witnessed outside of the UK, not even in countries where it actually does get very hot.
I think there are two types of pj-wearers: those who really can't be bothered to get dressed and feel comfortable in lounge wear, and secondly those in expensive or branded tracksuits and pjs who seem to consider it an actual trend because they see celebrities wear it to the gym. Of course celebrities get hounded by paparazzis every minute they step outside, so some people seeing those pictures seem oblivious to the fact that they only wear this to and from the gym, and not as some sort of style statement.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
The big trend in Southern California lately seems to be women going out in workout gear. Not just leggings and that kind of thing, but full on running outfits and shoes with sports bras, sometimes only sports bras on top. I know that we are the most casual of most places, but come on, at least put on a pair of jeans. On that subject, most of my friends (late 20's early 30's) find it incredibly weird that I wear skirts and dresses on a regular basis that aren't halfway up my thigh or higher. I prefer to be able to bend over with my 9 year old if need be without worrying that I'm going to show the world my lady bits.

crwritt

One Too Many
Does that woman realize that she sounds like an idiot? I mean.... come on! :rolleyes:

It gives me the impression she has a screw loose. In her world, I though, being out of cigarettes may classify as an emergency errand, so she doesn't care what she wears.
She did say that if she was buying a full cart of groceries, she'd have put on regular clothes.

Jools

New in Town
PJ;s in public, a trend that is pretty sad.

I have a friend who has been known to pop out to the grocery store in a pair of plaid flannel pajamas with a long coat over them on the occasional Saturday morning. Hilariously enough, EVERY time she has done this she has run into my mother, who has given her the hairy eyeball. No one is fooled that they are in fact "pants".
Really, exactly HOW hard is it to put on a pair of pants?

I worked from home for 3 years. I could have hung out in my pj's all day if I desired. However, I did a little experiment;each day for a month I put on nice clothes(not jeans),did my hair and makeup,and went out to the shops. The response from shopkeepers and/or the general public was amazing.

Jools

New in Town
PJ;s in public, a trend that is pretty sad.

I have a friend who has been known to pop out to the grocery store in a pair of plaid flannel pajamas with a long coat over them on the occasional Saturday morning. Hilariously enough, EVERY time she has done this she has run into my mother, who has given her the hairy eyeball. No one is fooled that they are in fact "pants".
Really, exactly HOW hard is it to put on a pair of pants?

I worked from home for 3 years. I could have hung out in my pj's all day if I desired. However, I did a little experiment;each day for a month I put on nice clothes(not jeans),did my hair and makeup,and went out to the shops. The response from shopkeepers and/or the general public was amazing.

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure if this trend has grown outside of the UK yet but this Xmas 'Onsies' were all the rage where I live- and not just for loungewear- the ones in the fashion mags were 'Lusekofte OnePieces' ($229)- which are designer knitted one-peices with a Fairilse pattern, worn with Uggs- worn outside of the house, to go shopping etc. The other big trend here is cable-knit leggings, worn as trousers, with the ubiquetous Uggs. I am bemused.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure if this trend has grown outside of the UK yet but this Xmas 'Onsies' were all the rage where I live- and not just for loungewear- the ones in the fashion mags were 'Lusekofte OnePieces' ($229)- which are designer knitted one-peices with a Fairilse pattern, worn with Uggs- worn outside of the house, to go shopping etc. The other big trend here is cable-knit leggings, worn as trousers, with the ubiquetous Uggs. I am bemused.

Onesies on adults are just plain creepy......

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
My question is.... after PJs and onesies.....what in the world is next? Diapers?

Yes, quite possibly - that way you can be the ultimate in lazy (which is what this clothing range will have you aspiring to) and not even have to get off the sofa to use the facilities......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails