Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

mingoslim

Practically Family
How about this Playboy . . .

Got this one courtesy of a fellow lounger . . .
The bash is my own . . .

stetsonplayboyc1951grey02.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, here's my attempt.

I thought maybe I'd try it out on my OR, but then I re-thought it over and decided to use the softest, and most pliable to work with, without any steam....and that was this "Style Craft"

SC-8.jpg

They look a bit grainy because I shot them with no flash to try and capture the true color.....sorry for the lousy outcome.

SC-9.jpg

I don't know if you guys remember or not, but this is the hat that I was contemplating weather or not to cut the brim because it was 3" wide?

Well, as you can see, I went ahead and indeed did cut it down to a 2 1/4". I'm much more comfortable wearing it now, as you'll see in the "What are you wearing" thread, today. :D

barrowjh

One Too Many
If I had a camera with me I would post some pics, as I often use the diamond, sometimes combining it with a center dent, and often having to push up a dome in the center of the crown for my head. Deanglen's entry and the strat above come close. I like to put the cross about 2/3rd back from the front, and might pinch the front, or more often leave it like a center dent, running the dents all the way back to the cross. I wonder if the teardrop evolved from this, as it is only a small amount of additional effort to 'round' the two back sides of the diamond at the back of the crown. A center-dent look at the front, but more of a teardrop from there to the back. It does look odd, to look at the hat from the front and see a dome rising from what appeared to be a center crease, so that leads to pinching the front to hide the dome, and a regular teardrop is the result.

RBH

Bartender
I like that Mingo, kinda reminds me of the bash I put in my Campdraft.

That is a cool bash Bolt, did you 'come' up with it yourself, or did you see one like it elsewhere?

Glad to have ya join us Fats!!!:eusa_clap

John, do you change bash's in your hats often?
Most of mine once I bash it I am scared to mess with it again.

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Here is the bash in my Stetson Whippet, placed there many years ago ('40s?) by the previous owner. I would never change it.
MyWhippet.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
I like that Mingo, kinda reminds me of the bash I put in my Campdraft.

That is a cool bash Bolt, did you 'come' up with it yourself, or did you see one like it elsewhere?

Glad to have ya join us Fats!!!:eusa_clap

John, do you change bash's in your hats often?
Most of mine once I bash it I am scared to mess with it again.
I've seen a few on here before, but couldn't remember who had them...I knew I liked it & was hoping it would show up in this thread....sure enough, Douglas has at least one. ;)

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Very sharp, RBH, but you'll have to forgive my ignorance...what does "TVA" mean (other than the electric company that my friend works for)?

I have tried this type of bash once, but it just didn't look quite right on me....I think it was mostly the hat's fault. I need a really big, tall hat to do it with. When I get a Campdraft, I think I'll give this another try.

I have some early 50's Dick Tracy TV episodes on DVD, and his wide brimmed, tall, cross-dent/diamond-dent hat would look right at home with the hats pictured here.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points