Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Citation:

1940sHatsStetonandCitation005.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
fatwoul said:
Beautiful, H. Just beautiful.

I wonder if I could get a look like that from a Carbon Federation.

Absolutely.

No problem.

In fact the Citation was my first vintage hat.

Just experiment.

Word to the wise - don't go at the brim too much on a Fed else it'll turn floppy which is a pain as it will flap about in a strong wind. But beat the crown up! I litterally pummelled my Fed to bits - I mean I repeatedly punche it to soften it up. It really worked. ;)

mingoslim

Practically Family
I love these Diamond crowns . . .

So much so, in fact, that I reblocked one of my favorites hats . . .
It is a late 40's Stetson Soveriegn . . . very much in the OR style, but not an OR.

stetsonsovereignc195001.jpg

stetsonsovereignc195002.jpg

So tell me what you think . . .

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
THE DIAMOND AUTHORITY?

< SATIRE >

061211_holocaust_hlrg_330a.hlarge.jpg

You called?

The Diamond Authority reminds you that they do not deal in hats, only in diamonds, and don't wear the hats in a diamond bash, also. Also also, they remind you that this turned-down-brim-and-colors-other-than-black thing is an abomination unto the G-Man, with whom you must walk humbly and not like some cowboy from Indiana with a big whip.

< / SATIRE >

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Your sig quote

< :eek:fftopic: >

You may have heard that Orwell is a misattribution and that Churchill really said it. Turns out Churchill didn't say it either. No one seems to own up.

I'm guessing it was an American. It's a very American thing to think that a good society can only exist if it has people willing to be no better than the worst out there.

< / :eek:fftopic: >

duggap

Banned
Well, I now have a diamond bash as of yesterday. It is an Art original called the LaSalle. I can only show pics if I email them to someone and they post it for me. I didn't know the hat was coming with that bash and I generally prefer the center bash but I really like this one. I believe it is because the crown is high enough. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points